Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1065
Fax: (239) 590-1066
An Evening with General Colin L. Powell
FGCU's University Lecture Series
FORT MYERS, FL - As Florida Gulf Coast University hosts General Colin L. Powell, USA (Ret.) 6 p.m., Friday, March 23 in Alico Arena. Due to security and scheduling, the following directions/ instructions must be followed by the media.
1. All media/press must RSVP your attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, March 19 with a list identifying the following:
Position (camera person, editor, reporter, newscaster, photographer, etc.)
Mode of transportation (van carrying equipment or car)
The Media must RSVP/pre-register to be admitted to Alico Arena for the Powell event. You will not be allowed to enter Alico Arena if you fail to pre-register.
2. The media will not be permitted to park behind Alico Arena. Properly and visibly identified VANS holding equipment will be directed to the media designated parking next to the baseball field fencing near the sidewalk entering the complex.
Members of the media arriving in CARS will be directed to park in available spaces in front of Alico Arena. You MUST present your credentials for permission to park in arena lots. Parking will be on a first come/first served basis. Media without credentials will be directed to park in one of two designated parking areas on campus and ride a shuttle to the arena.
3. Press credentials will be matched against the RSVP list. A special ID tag for the evening will be issued upon arrival at Alico Arena.
4. The press/media will have a separate, priority entrance via the outside doors (second floor) on the south side of Alico Arena. Your admission to the arena will be processed only at this entrance. A separate area with tables and chairs in the auxiliary gym has been arranged as a press room for your working comfort.
5. The lecture series will begin promptly at 6 p.m. There will be 2 minutes for photography from the time General Colin Powell comes to the stage. After that time, the press/media will be asked to leave the floor. No additional photography, video, or audio of General Powell is permitted.
6. If you wish to leave Alico Arena prior to the conclusion of the program, you may do so from the second floor doors. If you wish to use a laptop, please do so only in the press room.
Please direct all other questions to Audrea Anderson (email@example.com). For day of event contact, please use cell phone number (239) 297-3361.