Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1065
Fax: (239) 590-1066
FGCU "Understanding Critical Incident Stress, Trauma and PTSD:
Tools and Skills for Assisting Victims and Service Providers" Workshop
WHO FGCU Continuing Education and Off-Campus Programs and Center for Public and Social Policy, in partnership with Lee County Sheriff's Office, for the public
WHAT "Understanding Critical Incident Stress, Trauma and PTSD: Tools and Skills for Assisting Victims and Service Providers," third session in a series of free continuing education programs offering practical guidelines for practitioners and the general public seeking a more in-depth understanding of issues and actions related to human trafficking. Thomas Gillan, CLET, CSTS, director of the Criminal Justice Office Catholic Charities of Central Florida, Orlando, is the presenter for this session.
WHEN 8 a.m. to noon, Thursday, Oct. 16
WHERE Sugden Welcome Center
WHY Participants will learn to:
• Gain a better understanding of critical incident stress, trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD)
• Describe the impact of stress and trauma on the victim as well as the service
• Enhance knowledge of critical incident stress debriefing and management
• Develop tools and skills to assist the victim
• Recognize how service providers can develop secondary trauma
• Learn exercises that can ease the emotional pain
COST Free and open to the public. Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended.
Continental breakfast will be served. For registration information, visit http://registerCE.fgcu.edu
CONTACT FGCU Continuing Education and Off Campus Programs at (239) 590-1095