Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1005
Fax: (239) 590-1066
FGCU's Lutgert Hall Officially Opens for Business
FORT MYERS, FL - Today, Florida Gulf Coast University officially opened Lutgert Hall, home of the Lutgert College of Business. Situated at the front door of the campus' academic core, Lutgert Hall's imposing four-story building and high profile sculpture, "Human Race," created by Raymond L. Lutgert, is the gateway to the campus.
Lutgert Hall is a state-of-the art, 62,000 square foot facility designed to provide an outstanding learning environment for business education. The building contains specialty rooms designed for case study classes, computer information system classes, computer science classes, as well as multi-purpose classrooms. Two unique classrooms are the portfolio management classroom and the marketing and advertising laboratory classroom.
The building features a student advisement wing, a training classroom for EMBA and SBDC seminars, and a faculty lounge. A large central interior atrium and an exterior courtyard will encourage small group gatherings and allow large group events to be hosted on site.
Lutgert Hall was made possible through a generous $5 million lead gift from Raymond L. and Beverly Lutgert, which was matched by the state of Florida and combined with other capital funding to provide the approximately $19 million total cost. The building architect was Schenkel Schultz and Associates, and the construction firm was Owen Ames Kimball, Inc.
Additional Lutgert College of Business highlights:
•Computer Information Systems and Operations Management
•Accounting and Finance
•Marketing and Economics
Academic Degrees Offered by the Lutgert College of Business
o BS Management
o BS Marketing
o BS Accounting
o BS Finance
o Computer Information Systems
o Executive MBA
o MS Accounting and Taxation
o MS Computer Information Systems
Lutgert College of Business Enrollment Statistics
YEAR FGCU LCOB PERCENT
1997 2,585 505 19.5%
2008 10,267 2,834 27.6%
(FGCU's enrollment is projected to be between 15,000-20,000 by the year 2018. The business school will likely remain approximately 25% of the FGCU enrollment.)
• Achieved accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International in 2003, the Gold Standard of accreditation in business education
• One--third of US Business schools and less than 10 percent of world Business Schools have achieved AACSB International accreditation
• FGCU set a record (5 years) for full accreditation by a new business school
Global Outreach - International Faculty and Student Exchange Partnerships:
Participating Universities Location
• Audencia-Nantes School of Management Nantes, France
• Burgundy School of Business, Dijon-Bourgogne, France
• Groupe ESC Toulouse, Toulouse, France
• Halmstad University, Halmstad, Sweden
• Harz University, Wernigerode, Germany
• Jena University, Jena, Germany
• Kempten University, Kempten, Germany
• Unitec International, Auckland, New Zealand
• Universidad del Carmen, Carmen, Mexico
• University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
• Nankai University, Tianjin, China
• Yantai University, Yantai, China
For additional information, media representatives should contact J. Howard Finch, Associate Dean in the Lutgert College Business and Alico Chair in Financial Management and Planning at (239) 590-7370.