Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1065
Fax: (239) 590-1066
FGCU Presents "Compassion Fatigue - Caring for the Caregiver" Workshop Related to Human Trafficking
WHO FGCU Continuing Education and Off-Campus Programs and Center for Public and Social Policy, in partnership with Lee County Sheriff's Office, for the public
WHAT "Compassion Fatigue - Caring for the Caregiver," fourth session in a series of free continuing education programs offering practical guidelines for practitioners and the
general public seeking a more in-depth understanding of issues and actions related to human trafficking. Myrna Molinari, LMSW, Clinical Program Manager, The Salvation Army, is the presenter for this session.
WHEN 8 -8:30 a.m. registration and refreshments, presentation 8:30 a.m. to noon, Thursday, Nov. 20
WHERE Sugden Welcome Center
WHY Participants will learn to:
• Identify and define compassion fatigue
• Identify who is at risk of compassion fatigue
• Describe the prominent symptoms of compassion fatigue
• Identify their own symptoms of compassion fatigue
• Describe the impact on professional functioning
• Discuss prevention of and recovery from compassion fatigue
• Develop outline for individual plan of action
COST Free and open to the public; 3.5 contact hours for social workers and mental health counselors. Certificate of attendance for all. Continental breakfast will be served. For
registration information, visit http://registerCE.fgcu.edu.
CONTACT FGCU Continuing Education and Off Campus Programs at (239) 590-1095