Office of Vice President and
Chief of Staff
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd S.
Fort Myers, FL. 33965-6565
Phone: (239) 590-1006
Fax: (239) 590-1066
FGCU Hosts "Software Technologies Distinguished Lecture Series 2008-09"
FORT MYERS, FL - Florida Gulf Coast University invites the public to take part in the "Software Technologies Distinguished Lecture Series" presented by community leaders from companies in Southwest Florida that specialize in software development and services, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesdays, Jan. 14 through March 18 in Holmes Hall 224, the Hole Montes Lecture Hall. All lectures are free and open to the public.
The objective of the series is to bring awareness to the community and educate the general population about the accomplishments of software related high-tech companies located in the area, and to bring together the area's professionals working on the development and use of new technologies in software applications and services across the high-tech industries.
The lectures will be provided by a variety of experts from software related companies. Speakers include:
• Bob Scher, CEO for Dynasys Technologies, Inc. in Clearwater presents "RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Transponders) Technologies for Business and Science," Jan. 14.
• Brian Goldiez, Deputy Director and Principal Investigator for Institute for Simulation and Training in Orlando presents "Human Centered Modeling & Simulation - An Expanding High Technology Field," Jan. 21.
• Robert C. Smallback, Jr., Sr. Information Technology Consultant for TranSecure International in Fort Myers presents "Diversity and Integration of Computing Technologies in a Modern Airport," Feb. 18.
• Bert Hamilton, President and CEO for Harvey Software, Inc. in Fort Myers presents "Challenges in Software Development for Shipping Systems," Feb. 25.
• Simon Hunt, V.P. and Chief Technology Officer for McAfee, Inc., Data Protection Group in Naples presents "Your Data is Your Life: Information Security by McAfee," March 4.
• Boro Petrovic, Chief Technology Officer for Micros Systems, Inc. in Naples presents "SOA Enabling Software Products at Micros Systems," March 11.
• Michael Coles, Regional Manager, GIS at WilsonMiller in Naples presents "GIS - Geographic Information Systems and their Application at WilsonMiller," March 18.
The series is sponsored by FGCU's U.A. Whitaker School of Engineering, Lutgert College of Business Computer Science and CIS Departments, Southwest Florida Regional Technology Partnership, and Economic Development Partners in Charlotte, Collier and Lee counties.
For more information about the series visit http://lectureseries.fgcu.edu/.
For additional information, contact professor of Computer Science Janusz Zalewski at (239) 590-7317 or Zalewski@fgcu.edu.