Get the most from your advising appointments
The following items help you prepare to meet with your advisor
- Review your DegreeWorks Audit in detail. Write down any questions you have and courses you would like to take next semester that fit into your plan.
- Review your Major Track, General Education Requirements, Program Requirements and/or previous course plans provided by your advisor.
- Begin searching for appropriate courses to register for. Write down any courses you are interested in taking and any questions you have about them.
- Check your holds! Be sure you do not have any holds that will prevent registering for future courses.
- Bring these materials and your questions to your advising meeting.
- Bring a pen and paper with you to take notes.
- Show up to your appointment at least 5 minutes early.
If you need to refresh your memory about how to search for courses or how to register for courses in Gulfline, here are several helpful tutorials.