Congratulations on your admission to Florida Gulf Coast University! The Center for Academic Achievement looks forward to the opportunity of working with you as you progress through the Step Ahead Program during the Summer B session, and into your career as an FGCU undergraduate student.
At this time, you have been offered admission to FGCU through participation in the Step Ahead Program for Summer 2020 by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Please note that you are required to complete the Step Ahead Program during the Summer B 2020 term in order to enroll in Fall 2020 courses at FGCU. In order to confirm your participation in the Step Ahead Program, you must take the following steps (in order):
- Sign up for mandatory Eagle View Orientation by logging into Gulfline, and pay associated
Orientation fees. Summer Orientation dates available to students participating in
Step Ahead will be those in May and June leading up to the program, which begins on
Monday, June 22, 2020. These specific orientation dates will be updated in February
- After signing up for Orientation, confirm your reserved space in the program submitting
a fully completed Program Acceptance Agreement (sent to student via email after admission
to FGCU) to the Step Ahead Program Coordinator. This Agreement can be scanned/emailed
to the Step Ahead Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. *Space is limited; first come, first served!*
- Students Requiring Summer Housing: Complete documentation for Summer 2020 on-campus
housing and pay application fee by priority deadline. View Instructions
- Students Requiring Fall/Spring Housing: Complete documentation for Fall 2020-Spring
2021 on-campus housing and pay application fee by priority deadline. View Instructions
- Students must complete a 2019-2020 FAFSA in order to receive the Step Ahead Scholarship.
The FAFSA can be completed at FAFSA.
- Submit completed immunization paperwork to Student Health Services to avoid account holds.
- Notify Exploratory Advising at email@example.com of any accelerated credit expected prior to course registration, including AP, IB, Cambridge AICE, Dual Enrollment. This will be completed via a survey sent by Exploratory Advising.
It is also strongly recommended that all students attending FGCU review the First Year Advising website prior to attending Orientation. This will give you information on what to expect at Orientation, as well as insight into the courses taken for each major, graduation requirements, and other academic policies and information. If you have any questions regarding the information on the First Year Advising website, please do not hesitate to contact Exploratory Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for Academic Achievement is looking forward to confirming your participation in the Step Ahead Program for Summer 2020 and working with you in the future! If you have any questions, please email the Step Ahead Program Coordinator at email@example.com.