About the ACE I Lab Committees
FGCU joined the 2018-2020 ACE Internationalization Cohort.
Working Closely with experts, participating institutions:
- Assemble an internationalization leadership team on campus
- Analyze current internationalization activities and articulate institutional goals
- Formulate a strategic action plan to take internationalization efforts forward
Goals for each subcommittee to investigate:
Administrative Structure, Collaboration and Partnerships
- Review administrative structures as it relates to international efforts.
- Review current administrative involvement by focusing on the level international/ global interaction.
- Describe the institution’s fund raising strategy and priorities for internationalization.
- Identify the extent and range of existing international partnerships and agreements.
- Review existing opportunities to enhance the internationalization effort.
Curriculum, Co-Curriculum and Learning Outcomes
- Undertake a campus-wide course inventory to assess where we are in current international/ global efforts and opportunities.
- Review current courses and programs for dimensions of global-ness and focus.
- Review current service learning activities with international/ global elements.
Faculty and Staff
- Review the composition and experience of faculty and staff.
- Review how our international profile compares with peer and neighboring institutions.
- Identify current and recent levels of faculty international work, sorted into types (conference attendance to research/residency).
- Provide trend analysis of international participation over recent time.
- Provide out-case comparison to peer and aspirational peer institutions and national averages.
- Provide trend analysis of study abroad programs over recent time.
- Review and discuss existing exchange or third party provider partnerships; discuss barriers to faculty-led and independent study abroad including faculty-led programs, and suggest assessment methods.
- Discuss the role and current level of use of international service learning, internships and student research in various programs and compare these against other institutions.
- Assess the level to which international experiences are integrated into FGCU service learning and coursework after student returns from study abroad or other programs.
- Identify current and recent numbers and types of visiting international faculty, and resident international faculty and their respective capacities and statuses.
- Describe the international student population as it compares with the wider student population.
- Identify recent trends in international student population enrollment, persistence, graduation rates, etc.
- Review and assess current international recruitment efforts and priorities.
- Describe the administrative structures surrounding and supporting international recruitment.
- Describe the current opportunities, challenges, and barriers for recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Describe the current resources for international students, discuss barriers/opportunities for expanding international student recruitment; describe current levels of engagement with/of international students in FGCU community.