SSAR Questions

Self-reported Student Academic Record (SSAR)

SSAR is a self-reported student academic record that lists all courses and associated grades that have been attempted, or will be attempted, for high school and/or college credit. It replaces the preliminary high school transcripts used by the Office of Admissions during the initial review process. Since accuracy is critical, you must have a copy of your high school transcript available to use as a reference when you create your SSAR. All freshman applicants, with a few exceptions, will enter their courses and grades in the SSAR. The exceptions are listed in the "Who is required to complete the SSAR?" section. The SSAR must be submitted and linked with your application before your admissions review begins.

Who is required to complete the SSAR?

All freshman applicants must complete a SSAR, with the following exceptions:

  1. Applicants who are currently enrolled in, or graduated from, a high school outside of the U.S. system. International high school transcripts must be evaluated by a credential evaluation agency. Learn more about evaluation agencies. The evaluation report must be sent to FGCU Undergraduate Admissions. Applicants currently enrolled in a DODEA school would submit the SSAR, while graduates of this type of school must send their official transcript to FGCU Undergraduate Admissions.
  2. Applicants who graduated in 2018 or earlier do not need to submit the SSAR.  When applying, these applicants must provide an official copy of their final high school transcript with graduation date posted.
  3. GED graduates - students must submit their official GED transcript.


  • What if I have graduated from High School?

  • What will happen if I do not complete the SSAR?

  • What courses are excluded from my SSAR GPA calculation?

  •  What if my school is on block scheduling?

  •  What if my senior schedule changes?

  • What if I am taking courses in the summer?

  • What if I repeated or withdrew from one or more of my courses, or I took a course for Pass/Fail?

  • What if I can't find my high school listed on the SSAR website?

  • What if I am unsure about the dual enrollment classes that I will be taking during the second semester of my senior year?

When & Where?

  • When do I complete the SSAR?

  • When do I send my official high school and college (if dual enrolled) transcripts?

  • Where do I create my SSAR?


  • How can I make sure my SSAR is accurate?

  • How do I enter my grades on the SSAR?

  • How do I report my senior coursework?

  • How do I enter my grades if my school uses pluses/minuses?

  • How do I enter my grades if my school uses a numerical system?

  • How do I enter my weighted grades?

  • How do I enter my college (dual enrollment) courses and grades?

  • How do I re-lock my SSAR?

Can & Do?

  • Can I change the SSAR once it is completed and I receive my SSAR ID Number?

  •  Can my SSAR be used by multiple colleges/universities?

  • Do home-educated students complete the SSAR?

  • Do I need to include high school courses taken while I was in middle school/junior high school?

  • Do I report all of the classes taken and grades earned that are reflected on my transcript?

  • Does it matter if I attended more than one high school and/or college during my academic career?

  • Do I have to submit my first semester grades in the senior year?