All students enrolled in the Communication program at FGCU are required to complete a minimum of 3 credit hours of internship prior to graduation. Once eligible, students may complete their internship at any point, including during summer sessions. Internships can be found in all areas and industries, including media, entertainment, sports, the arts, higher education and business! Opportunities can be found in nonprofits, corporations, public relations/marketing agencies, the government sector, and more.
- Required 3 credit hours in SPC 4941 Internship
- Prerequisites: SPC 3210 Theories of Human Communication, SPC 3230 History of Rhetorical Theory, SPC 3721 Interracial/Intercultural Communication
- 135 hours per semester (approx. 10 – 12 hrs/week)
- Can earn up to 9 credit hours total from SPC 4941 (1 credit = 45 hours of work)
- Course Requirements Include:
- In-person orientation during week 2 of enrolled semester
- Register your internship on Eagle Career Link
- Internship Contract complete with learning objectives and signed by supervisor
- Updated resume that includes new internship position
- Written reflections connecting Communication coursework to current experience
- Mid-term and end-of-term evaluations completed and signed by supervisor
- Time Log approved by supervisor
Ready to Register for SPC 4941 Internship?
You must have permission to enroll from Internship Coordinator!
Finding the Right Internship
Utilize FGCU’s Eagle Career Link
- Complete your student profile
- Upload updated resume
- Search for Communication related internships with search filter “Communication”