- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete both of the following:
- SYD 4602 Community Based Entrepreneurs(3)
- SYD 4603 Community Development (3)
Complete one of the following:
- SYD 3410 Urban Sociology (3)
- SYD 4020 Global Population (3)
- SYD 4513 Environment, Health & Justice (3)
- SYP 4444 International Development (3)
Choose 6 hours from the following:
- IDS 3300 Foundations of Civic Engagement (3)
- SYD 3410 Urban Sociology (3)*
- SYD 3730 Sociology of African Americans (3)
- SYD 4020 Global Population (3)*
- SYD 4513 Environment, Health & Justice (3)*
- SYO 3400 Medical Sociology (3)
- SYO 3530 Social Stratification (3)
- SYO 4180 Sociology of Work and Family (3)
- SYO 4551 Comp Sociology - World Problems (3)
- SYP 4444 International Development (3)*
- SYP 4741 Soc. Org. of Death & Dying (3)
*Courses taken in one elective category cannot be used to satisfy another elective category.Catalog Year: 2020-2021
Total Semester Hours Required: 15 Hours
Transfer credits will ordinarily be accepted from regionally accredited institutions and evaluated for appropriate credit toward requirements in the student's degree program.