- Students must meet with a college advisor to declare a minor and review the course requirements.
- A grade of C or higher is required for all courses in the minor.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the minor must be completed at FGCU.
- Students desiring certification of a minor and designation on their academic transcript must verify that the minor is displayed on their Graduation Application.
Complete two of the following:
- AML 3630 Latino Literature and Culture (3)
- CPO 3303 Latin American Politics (3)
- LAH 2020 Intro Latin American History (3)
- LAH 3130 Colonial Latin America (3)
- LAH 3200 Modern Latin America (3)
Complete 12-14 hours from the following (maximum 8 hours from any of SPN 1120C, SPN 1121C, SPN 2220C, or SPN 2201C):
- ANT 3144 The Americas Before Columbus (3)
- Any course with the prefix LAH from 3000-4999 level not used to meet requirement above
- Any course with the prefix LAS from 3000-4999 level
- LIT 3662 Lit of Conquest & Exploration (3)
- LIT 4192 Caribbean Literature (3)
- SPN 1120C (or SPN 1120 and SPN 1120L) Beginning Spanish 1 (4)*
- SPN 1121C (or SPN 1121 and SPN 1121L) Beginning Spanish 2 (4)*
- SPN 2220C (or SPN 2220 and SPN 2220L) Intermediate Spanish 1 (4)*
- SPN 2201C (or SPN 2201 and SPN 2201L) Intermediate Spanish 2 (4)*
- SPN 2270 Study Abroad (1-6)
- SPT 3532 Hispanic Cinema (3)
- SPW 4930 Selected Topics (1-3)
*Required beginning and intermediate courses (and their labs) can be exempted by obtaining an equivalency through a Spanish Placement Test. Students who place out of required beginning and intermediate courses must fulfill the credit requirement for the minor with other courses from the given list.Catalog Year: 2021-2022
Total Semester Hours Required: 18-20 Hours