Learning and engagement beyond the classroom
Our mission is to broaden student business perspectives and enhance student career marketability through a steady stream of relevant and empowering educational interventions.
On semester basis, Academic Internships may be completed for 3 credits. Students must be Juniors (60 credit hours), hold an overall FGCU GPA of 2.5, a Major GPA of 3.0 and be pre-qualified by their academic advisor. Most opportunities are compensated between $12-17 per hour. Students may earn credit and be paid.
At any time, students may also obtain paid, part time professional employment or non-credit internships. These resume-building opportunities are typically 15-30 hours per week and help students transition from hospitality service and/or retail jobs into their professional business careers.
Find an InternshipToggle More Info
Begin Your Search:
In a matter of seconds, you can access all you need to plan for your career and manage your future.Resort & Hospitality Management Internships
Resort & Hospitality Management degree programs require completion of an approved Internship.PGA Golf Management Internships
PGA Golf Management degree programs require completion of an approved Internship.
Student Internship Guides:
- 4-Step Academic Internship Guide for Students
Required for students seeking credit
- Sample Internships and Leading Area Employers
Learn about local employers and sample internships
FGCU Internship Resources:
- FGCU Office of Internships & Cooperative Programs
Matching students with employer partners who have a real impact on careers.
- FGCU Career Development Services
Services promoting personal and professional development to help maximize opportunities and fulfill your goals.
Other Internship Resources:
- 4-Step Academic Internship Guide for Students
Internship Roles & ResponsibilitiesToggle More Info
Qualifies the student for the internship experience.
Faculty Internship Supervisor:
Responsible for supervising the academic internship, developing the scope of work to be completed for academic credit, evaluating the final report, and assigning an appropriate grade (S/U).
Company/Organization Internship Supervisor:
Responsible for supervising the student intern, tracking their performance, and then completing a Student Intern Evaluation Form at the conclusion of the internship experience.
Student & Company/Organization Responsibilities:
- The student is responsible for adhering to the policies of the organization/company.
- The student is responsible for adhering to the proper dress code required by the organization/company.
- The student is responsible for transportation.
- The student is responsible for reporting to the organization/company punctually and following all established regulations.
- The student will not submit for publication any materials relating to the internship experience without prior written approval of the organization/company.
- The student shall hold all privileged information concerning the operation of the organization/company and/or its customers in strict confidence.
- All international students who hold the F-1 or J-1 visa should contact the Office of Global Initiatives and International Services to verify eligibility and immigration compliance.
- At all times, the student must remember that he/she represents Florida Gulf Coast University and its current and future relationships with the organization/company.
- The organization/company shall provide the student intern a planned, supervised program of career related experiences.
- The organization/company shall maintain complete records on the student intern's performance and provide a Student Intern Evaluation Form as required by the university at the conclusion of the internship period.
- The organization/company may request the university to withdraw any student intern from its facilities whose personal characteristics or performance prevent a desirable relationship with the organization/company.
- The organization/company shall permit the inspection of its facilities, student intern records, and such items pertaining to the internship program by the university or agencies charged with the responsibility for accreditation of the academic programs.
- The organization/company shall not take commercial advantage of its affiliation with the university by advertising the relationship in commercial media.
- The organization/company agrees to comply with all Federal and State non-discrimination laws and work cooperatively with the university staff to accommodate student interns who request accommodations due to a disability documented through Florida Gulf Coast University.
LCOB Faculty Internship SupervisorsToggle More Info
Computer Information Systems:
Finance & Real Estate:
Supply Chain Management:
Post-Internship EvaluationsToggle More Info
Employer ResourcesToggle More Info