Student Teaching Application Information
The semester prior to entering Level I Student Teaching or the Level II Student Teaching each teacher candidate, who meets the eligibility requirements, will apply to the Office of Student Teaching/Clinical Experience for placement at a school site. The Application and Placements page contains complete directions for the completion of this process and it is the responsibility of each teacher candidate to become familiar with this process and complete it within the designated deadlines.
The application period begins during the 2nd week of the Fall and Spring semesters, for the following semester. Applications remain open until they are due on September 15th for the upcoming Spring semester or February 15th for the upcoming Fall semseter.
The application period for the upcoming Fall 2019 semester has ended. If you need to submit a late application for the upcoming semester, please first contact Keiana Desmore.
- Admittance to the College of Education as a degree student.
- A grade point average of 2.5 or better in professional education and subject area courses.
- A "C" or better in all professional and subject area courses.
- Must have completed Blocks 1, 2, and 3.
- Passed the GKT and the Subject Area Exam.
- Must have completed or concurrently enrolled in all courses in Block 4. (Block 4 Candidates)
- Must have passed the FTCE Professional Education Exam prior to beginning their Level II Internship. (Block 5 Candidates)
- Submit a completed placement request by the deadline.
Deadline for Fall Placement - February 15th
Deadline for Spring Placement - September 15th