Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction with cognates in Instructional Systems Technology, Educational Psychology, Mathematics Education. Indiana University-Bloomington, IN.
M.A. in the Teaching and Learning (Curriculum Design). Mathematics Education and Technology. University of California-San Diego, CA.
B.S. in Education and Mathematics. Indiana University- Bloomington, IN.
PublicationsToggle PublicationsREFEREED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
Cheshire (Treahy), D. & Gurganus S. (2010) Collaborative Models to Meet the Needs of Students with Special Needs: Voices from the Field. Teaching Children Mathematics Special Edition. 16(8), 484-490.
Cheshire (Treahy), D. (2009). Teachers’ Perceptions of Their Profession In Relation to Reform in Mathematics Education. The Mathematics Educator, Singapore, 11(1/20), 159-180.
Cheshire (Treahy), D., Thomas, S.L. & Hay, G. H. (2008) Reinventing the Educational Landscape in South Carolina through E-Mentoring. Developing an E-Mentoring Program in Teacher Education. Teacher Education Journal of South Carolina 18 (1), 39-44.
Reynolds, E., Cheshire (Treahy), D., Chao, C. & Barab, S. (2001). The Internet learning forum: Developing a community prototype for teachers of the 21st century. Computers in the Schools 17(1), 107-125.
Cheshire (Treahy), D. & Brown, C. A. (2000). Making sense in mathematics education. The Mathematics Educator, 10 (1), 25-28.
PEER REVIEWED CURRICULAR MATERIALS
Cheshire, D. (2012). Developing a Conceptual Understanding of Fractions. Pearson Publications.
INVITED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PUBLICATIONS
Alabama CAEP Taskforce. (2016). State of Alabama Employer and Completer Survey. Invited contributing author and developer.
South Carolina Department of Education. (2007). South Carolina Academic Standards for Mathematics 2007 Content Briefs and Support Material. South Carolina Office of Education. Columbia, SC. http://sc.ed.gov/standards/math
INVITED CONTRIBUTING AUTHOR AND DEVELOPER
Cheshire (Treahy), D., Scott, L., Bosssenmeyer, M., Hayden, K., & J. Hanor. (2001). Application/classroom strategies implementing standards utilizing technology. San Diego County Office of Education. San Diego, CA.
INVITED EDITORIAL REVIEWS
Invited Editorial and Textbook Reviewer. (2009). Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally (Van De Walle, Ed. 7).
Invited Review of Teaching Math to People with Down Syndrome and Other Hands- On Learners. (in press) Teaching Children Mathematics. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
REFEREED ONLINE PUBLICATIONS
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (2000). Understanding a child’s development of number sense. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Illuminations example. http://illuminations.nctm.org
Contributing author and developer.
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (2000). Gathering evidence. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Illuminations example. http://illuminations.nctm.org/ Contributing author and developer.
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (2000). Developing geometry concepts using computer programming environments. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Illuminations example. http://illuminations.nctm.org Contributing author and developer.
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. (2000). Investigating linear relationships: The regression line and correlation. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Illuminations example. http://illuminations.nctm.org/ Contributing author and developer.
Grants & AwardsToggle Grants & Awards
- Conference Program Co-Chair. South Carolina Conference on Innovations in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. (2023)
- Provost Team of the Year, The Citadel. (2021)
- Outstanding Achievement in Scholarship Award, Orlean Beeson School of Education, Samford University (2017)
- Appointed by the State Superintendent of Education to the Alabama Department of Education Strategic Planning Committee on Mathematics (2016-2017)
- Teacher Scholar Award for the School of Education, Health and Human Performance, College of Charleston. (2010)
- Distinguished Teaching Award Finalist from the Department of Teacher Education, College of Charleston. (2009)
- Volunteer of the Year. Mount Pleasant Recreational Department (2009)
- Nationally Certified Praxis Reviewer and Evaluator: Mathematics Content and Mathematics Pedagogy. (2008-present)
- Certificate of Appreciation, AERA Special Interest Group for Research in Mathematics Education and the NCTM Research Advisory Committee, Research. (May, 2000).
- Service and research award during the research presession of the 78th annual meeting of the NCTM in
- Chicago, IL, (April, 2000).
- Ph.D. Fellowship, Indiana University (1999-2001).
Back to Profile List