Felix Jose, PhD
Back to Profile List
EducationPh.D Physical Oceanography, Cochin University of Science & Technology, India
Research and Teaching InterestsTeaching Interests: Oceanography, Physical Oceanography, Coastal Hydrodynamics, GIS & Coastal Remote Sensing, Earth Science
Research Interests: Coastal hydrodynamics and sediment transport, Ocean data analysis, Wave and storm surge modeling, Beach morphodynamics, Ecosystem Modeling, Remote Sensing
- Dye, B. and Jose, F., 2019. Hydrodynamic model study of a shallow estuary in southwest Florida, Journal of Coastal Research (under revision).
- Jose, F., Savarese, M. and Gross, A.M., 2019. Impact of Hurricane Irma on Keewaydin Island, Southwest Florida coast, Proceedings of Coastal Sediments 2019 Conference, World Scientific, 1142-1151.
- Sahoo, B., Jose, F. and Bhaskaran, P.K., 2019. Hydrodynamic response of Bahamas Archipelago to storm surge and hurricanes generated waves – A case study for Hurricane Joaquin, Ocean Engineering, Elsevier, 184(15), 227-238.
- Kobashi, D. and Jose, F., 2019. Storm-driven dispersal of fluvial fine sediment on a low-energy inner shelf, Regional Studies in Marine Science, Elsevier (accepted on 03/18/2019).
- Fugate, D, and Jose, F., 2019. Hands-on Oceanography; Forces in an estuary: Tides, Freshwater and Friction, Oceanography, 32 (1): 231-236.
- Kobashi, D. and Jose, F., 2018. Potential impacts of sand mining on Hydrodynamics and fine sediment suspension and deposition on an inner-shelf shoal, Journal of Coastal Research: SI 81, 76-85, "Tropical coastal and estuarine dynamics".
Grants & Awards
- Florida DEP/FRCP, 2019: As Assessment of Coastal Vulnerability due to sea-level rise and increased storminess, Sanibel Island, Florida; Co-PI, $53,500.00; 1/1/2019 – 06/30/2019.
- FGCU Scholarship-Research Venture Fund 2019: Impact of Hurricane Michael on St. Joseph peninsula, Florida panhandle; PI; $14473.00; 02/15/2019- 06/30-2019.
- NOAA/NCCOS 2017: A Web-Based Interactive Decision-Support Tool for Adaptation of Coastal Urban and Natural Ecosystems (ACUNE) in Southwest Florida, $997,267.00; June 1, 2017- May 31, 2020. Co-PI.
- ADCIRC, SWAN, XBEACH, MIKE 21 & MIKE 3, FVCOM
- Programming: FORTRAN 90 & Matlab
- Software Packages: ArcGIS, SMS, Wimsoft and SANDS