Back to Profile List
EducationM.S. in Microbiology from Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, TX
B.S. with honors in Biology, Trinity College, Hartford, CT
Research and Teaching InterestsTeaching
I have more than a decade of experience as a higher education instructor teaching both biology and microbiology. Presently, I teach microbiology for pre-nursing and other healthcare related fields. I have developed a great deal of curriculum for this course, which includes clinical case studies as well as the Laboratory Manual that we currently use. I also developed a non-majors microbiology class that investigates how microorganisms have shaped human history and how they affect our daily lives. I taught General Biology at FGCU in the SCALE-UP environment.
Courses OfferedMicrobiology with Laboratory (MCB 2010C)
Microbes in Society (MCB 1000C)
General Biology (BSC 1010C)
Selected Scholarly Works
- Goulet-Miller, F. (2018). Exercises in Microbiology Laboratory: CRN 2010C. 2nd Edition. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt. ISBN 9781524967291.
- Goulet-Miller, F. (2017). Exercises in Microbiology Laboratory: CRN 2010C. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt. ISBN 9781524932176
- Palmtag, M.R., Goulet-Miller, F., & Gunnels, C.W. (2012) Decent with Modification and Natural Selection Simulation, In: Laboratory Activities for General Biology I. Editors: Cross, R. and Jackson, B. Florida Gulf Coast University, Blue Door Publishing.
Guided Student Research – Poster Presentations
- Burnett, A., & Goulet-Miller, F. (2014). Enumeration and Identification of bacteria isolated on the FGCU campus. Poster presented on Research Day at FGCU in Fort Myers, FL.
- Eakins, P. (2015). Anaerobic Biodegradation of Cadaver Waste. Poster presented on Research Day at FGCU in Fort Myers, FL.
- Kaiser, N., & Goulet-Miller, F. (2015) Isolation and Identification of Bacteria Found on Water Faucets and Fountains. Poster presented on Research Day at FGCU in Fort Myers, FL.
- Sifrig, B., West, D. & Hernandez, B. (2014) Antimicrobial properties of essential oils. Poster presented on Research Day at FGCU in Fort Myers, FL.
- Suarez, M. & Goulet-Miller, F. (2019). Enumeration and Identification of Bacteria on Apple Surfaces Before and After Cleaning Techniques. Poster Presented at the Undergraduate Natural Sciences Students Symposium, FGCU, Fort Myers, FL.
Service is an important mission of Florida Gulf Coast University and I am proud to say that I have been an active participant at all levels. My most consistent and ongoing service endeavor has been my involvement in the establishment and advising of the National Biological Honors Society, Beta Beta Beta.