Tolhurst, Fiona (PhD)
Back to Profile List
EducationPh.D. English Language and Literature, Princeton University, 1995
M.A. English Language and Literature, Princeton University, 1994
B.A. English and Psychology, Rice University, Magna cum Laude, 1990
SpecialtiesLiterature and culture of medieval Europe
Research and Teaching InterestsPrimary Teaching Areas
medieval and early modern drama, medieval and modern Arthurian literature, Old English language and literature, Middle English language and literature, women writers of the Middle Ages, and world literature to 1700
Arthurian literature in Latin, Middle English, and Old French; and medieval women writers, especially Julian of Norwich and Margery Kempe
- Geoffrey of Monmouth and the Translation of Female Kingship, Studies in Arthurian and Courtly Cultures series (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013).
- Geoffrey of Monmouth and the Feminist Origins of the Arthurian Legend, Studies in Arthurian and Courtly Cultures series (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012).
- The Stanzaic Morte Arthur and the Middle English Tradition, Arthuriana 28.3 (Fall 2018), ed. Fiona Tolhurst and K. S. Whetter.
- On Arthurian Women: Essays in Memory of Maureen Fries, ed. Bonnie Wheeler and Fiona Tolhurst (Dallas: Scriptorium Press, 2001).
- Theoretical Approaches to Geoffrey of Monmouth, Arthuriana 8.4 (Winter 1998), ed. Fiona Tolhurst.