Martha Rosenthal, PhD
Back to Profile List
EducationPh. D. Neuroscience, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
M.S. Neuropharmacology, Brown University, Providence, RI
B.A. Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Research and Teaching InterestsTeaching Interests: Drugs and Society, Human Sexuality, Neuroscience, Physiology
Research Interests: Drugs and their effects on the body and on society; Human sexuality
Courses OfferedCurrent Courses:
BSC 2026 The Biology of Human Sexuality
IDS 3138 Cannabis and its impact
IDS 3143 The Drugstore Society
PCB 3703C Human Physiology
ZOO 4743C Neuroscience
- Rosenthal, M. (2018). Drugs: Mind, Body, and Society. New York: Oxford University Press
- Rosenthal, M. (2013). Human Sexuality from Cells to Society. Cengage Learning
- Rosenthal, M. (2004). Discoveries in Human Systems. Hunter Textbooks
- Rosenthal, M.S. (2012). Fertilization: The board game. In J.L. Shields and M.K. DiGiori (Eds). Game on! Ultimate Sexuality Education Gaming Guide. New Jersey: Center for Family Life Education.
- Rosenthal, M.S. (2012). Name that Contraceptive. In J.L. Shields and M.K. DiGiori (Eds). Game on! Ultimate Sexuality Education Gaming Guide. New Jersey: Center for Family Life Education.
- Rosenthal, M.S. (2017). Biological sex differences: Overview. In K.L. Nadal, S.L., Mazzula, & D.P. Rivera, Eds. The SAGE encyclopedia of psychology and gender. Washington, DC: Sage Reference.
- Rosenthal, M.S. (1998). Physiology and Neurochemistry of Sleep. Am.J.Pharm.Educ. 62(2): 204-208.
- "'I'll take nipples for $1000, Alex': The Use of Games in the Human Sexuality Classroom." At National Sexuality Education Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, December 6-9, 2017.
- "Gender Agenda." TEDxFGCU. March 19, 2015.
Grants & Awards
- Senior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, FGCU
- Team Service Award, FGCU
- Teacher of the Year, University of Florida
- Most Promising New Textbook, Textbook and Academic Authors Association
- Director of Education and Research, Cannabis Research, Education, and Workforce initiative at FGCU