Sinclair, Starlette (PhD)
Back to Profile List
EducationPh.D. Psychology, Georgia Institute of Technology
M.S. Psychology, Georgia Institute of Technology
B.S. Psychology, Florida State University
SpecialtiesCognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology
Research and Teaching InterestsMy research interests are varied; however, my foundational training is in topics related to metamemory, metacognition, source memory, source monitoring, and age-related decline and sparing of cognitive and metacognitive functions. I have taught a number of courses including research methods, statistics for the behavioral sciences, cognitive psychology, history and systems of psychology, general psychology, lifespan development, sensation and perception, and elderly development.
Courses OfferedPSY2012 General Psychology
PSY3213 Research Methods of Psychology and Lab
PSY4604 History and Systems of Psychology
DEP4104 Infant and Child Development
PSY4913 Directed Study
- Hertzog, C., Fulton, E. K., Sinclair, S., & Dunlosky, J. (2014). Recalled aspects of original encoding strategies influence episodic feelings of knowing. Memory and Cognition, 42(1), 126-140. doi: 10.3758/s13421-013-0348-z
- Hertzog, C., Sinclair, S., & Dunlosky, J. (2010). Age differences in the monitoring of learning: cross-sectional evidence of spared resolution across the adult life-span. Journal of Developmental Psychology, 46, 939-948.
- Hertzog, C., Dunlosky, J., & Sinclair, S. (2010). Episodic feeling-of-knowing resolution derives from the quality of original encoding. Memory and Cognition, 38, 771-784.
- Macias-Moriarity, L. Z., Sinclair, S. M., Dalton, E., Coucha, M., Boggs-Mock, K., & Varughese, S. (2019). "Perfectionism, test anxiety, and gender differences in student pharmacists enrolled in an accelerated 3 year program." Best Research Poster Award at 2019 Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), Chicago, IL.
- Sinclair, S., Ventura-Davis, T., Kidd, J., & Williams, B. (2018). "Knowledge and attitudes about immigration: does knowing more relate to levels of acceptance?" Poster presented at the 2018 Cognitive Aging Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Walker, D. & Sinclair, S. (2018). "The collaborative to advance equity in research: promoting study of women and girls of color". Presentation for Brighter, Future, Focused: A summit addressing the needs and potential of women and girls of color, The Sankofa Outreach Connection, Iowa City, IA.
- Sinclair, S. & Walker, D. (2017). "Intersectional community engagement: dialogue for change". Presentation for Rethinking Community Conference, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Sinclair, S. (2010). "Repetition Effects on Feeling-of-Knowing Judgments in Younger and Older Adults" Paper presented at the Southeastern Psychological Association Annual Conference, Chattanooga, TN.
- Sinclair, S., Hertzog, C., & Pearman, A. (2009). "Age and Gender Differences in Personality Using Multiple Measures" Poster presented at the American Psychological Association Convention, Toronto, Canada.
- Hertzog, C., Dunlosky, J., & Sinclair, S. (2009). "Episodic Feeling-of-Knowing and Aging: The Effect of Repeating Items" Poster presented at the 21st Annual Convention of the American Psychological Society, San Francisco, CA.
- Sinclair, S. M. (2008). "Predicting Source Memory: Can a predictive metacognitive judgment for source memory be found?" Poster presented at the Cognitive Aging Conference, Atlanta, GA