Sheng, Yinghong (PhD)
Back to Profile List
EducationPostdoctoral Fellow, Jackson State University
Postdoctoral Fellow, Emory University
Visiting Scholar, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, Hong Kong, China.
Ph.D., Nanjing University, Jiangsu, China
M.S., Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
B.S., Jiangxi Normal University, Jiangxi, China
SpecialtiesComputational Chemistry, Molecular Dynamics Simulation.
Research and Teaching InterestsResearch: Reaction Mechanism, Organic Chemistry, Organometallic Chemistry, Molecular Structures and Properties, Material Chemistry, Photochemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Nonlinear Optical Material, Ionic liquids, Nitric Oxide Synthase.
Teaching: General Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Modeling, and Quantum Chemistry.
Courses OfferedComputational Modeling (CHM4512)
Principles of Physical Chemistry (CHM3400)
Principles of Physical Chemistry Laboratory (CHM3400L)
General Chemistry II Lecture (CHM1046, SCALE-UP)
General Chemistry II Laboratory (CHM1046L)
General Chemistry I Lecture (CHM1045, SCALE-UP)
Physical Chemistry for Life Sciences w/Laboratory (CHM3005C)
Physical Chemistry II Lecture (CHM3411)
Physical Chemistry Laboratory (CHM3411L)
Systems of Physical Science w/laboratory (ISC1002C)
Senior Capstone in Chemistry (CHM4930)
Senior Project Research in Biology (BSC4910C)
Senior Project Research in Chemistry (CHM4140)
Senior Project Research in Biotechnology (BSC4905)
Direct Independent Study/Research in Biotechnology (BSC4905)
Direct Independent Study/Research in Chemistry (CHM4905)
PublicationsDr. Sheng's full list of publications
Grants & Awards
- Acquisition of High-Performance Computation Servers for Computational Research and Education at FGCU. 2019. PI. FGCU Scholarship-Research Venture Fund.
- FGCU Computational Center: Modeling and Simulations, 2019.
- Grant (in 10000 hours of computing time) from Center for Advanced Research Computing (CARC) at the University of New Mexico. 2014-2018.
- Center for Chemical Evolution, $20,320,615, 2010-2015. Jointly funded by National Science Foundation (NSF Grant No. CHE-1004570) and National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- FGCU Multi-Disciplinary Research Initiative Award, 2013-2014.
- Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, Florida Gulf Coast University, 2008-2009.