Emergency Management prepares Florida Gulf Coast University by enhancing partnerships and coordinating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the University’s ability to mitigate, protect, and prevent against; respond to; and recover from natural, technological, and human-caused threats and hazards.
The Emergency Manager oversees all hazards emergency and disaster preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation efforts through the coordination of information and resources. Works with University members to develop, implement, manage, monitor, and evaluate emergency and safety strategies and continuity and recovery plans.
FGCU’s Office of Emergency Management is responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain the FGCU Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP)
- Develops and updates the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)
- Develop, plan, and evaluate emergency exercises in coordination with University Police and University stakeholders
- University Emergency Operations Center Management
- Provide training resources for individuals that have emergency management roles and responsibilities
- Provide the university with preparedness information
- Manages and operates the emergency notification systems including:
- RAVE Alert
- RAVE Guardian
- Code Blue Poles
- Campus Sirens
- Social Media
Act as the FGCU liaison for local, state, and federal emergency responders and agencies.