Leadership. Performance. Achievement.
The FGCU VIP Program produces engineering leaders with strong technical competence and professional skills to meet the challenges of Southwest Florida and beyond.
We start working with high school students, who have an interest in an engineering major, during their junior year. The program assist students to become acquainted with the university, partake in VIP special events such as sporting events, college for a day, college shadowing days, on campus socials for VIP students, and VIP scholarship opportunities to support their transition into the university after high school graduation. For more information, please watch the following presentation.
- Shadow an engineering student in your selected degree program
- Engineering staff available to aid the student in the FGCU application and financial aid process
- College for a Day with Engineering Ambassadors
- Faculty social and networking events
- Holmes Hall tour with an Engineering Ambassador
- Visit with the Dean of U.A. Whitaker College of Engineering
- VIP event for students and families at Eagle Expo held each fall and spring
- Preference given for available scholarships through U.A. Whitaker College of Engineering
- Above a 3.5 unweighted GPA
- Prerequisite courses completed for Calculus I prior to enrollment into FGCU. There are various ways to satisfy this requirement. Examples include dual enrollment coursework, AP Calculus, AICE Math AS, AICE Math A, IB Mathematics, ACT math score of 29 or higher, SAT math score of 670 or higher.
- Recommendation by a teacher, guidance counselor, or principal
- A desire to enroll in an engineering program at Florida Gulf Coast University
- Complete a VIP Program Application.
- Complete the VIP Program Application
- Request a copy of your unofficial high school transcripts
- If you have taken dual enrollment courses obtain unofficial transcripts from the institution
- Obtain unofficial copies of your ACT and/or SAT scores, unless they are on your high school transcripts
- Submit your application using the online form: VIP Program Application
- Email your unofficial transcripts and test scores to email@example.com or via fax to 239-590-7304.
Learn more about FGCU
FaSt Facts Admissions Financial Aid