COVID-19 Daily Health Screening App
Monitoring your health on a daily basis, including potential symptoms and exposure to COVID-19, is a shared responsibility that can help prevent the spread of the virus on campus.
NEW REQUIREMENT: Beginning Monday, September 21, students will be asked show the green "checkmark" on your Veoci-confirmed phone
screen permitting you to enter campus that day. Students need to have the "checkmark"
available to show every day you are on campus. Please be prepared to show the Veoci
green "checkmark" email which shows that day's date. If you use the desktop Veoci
app, you will need to print the daily Veoci confirmation and carry it with you on
Multiple places across the campus will be checking students' verification, including but not limited to:
- Campus Recreation (SoVi Pool, Aquatics Center, Waterfront, Recreation & Wellness Center, Intramural events, and Sports Club practices);
- Housing and Campus Life - all locations;
- Students Success and Enrollment Management, and Student Engagement Offices;
- Students Engagement and other meetings; and
- Other locations across the campus.
FGCU TAKES YOUR HEALTH AND SECURITY SERIOUSLY. WE WANT YOU TO BE AWARE THAT INFORMATION PROVIDED IS SECURED IN ACCORDANCE WITH HIPAA, FERPA, AND OTHER APPLICABLE LAWS.
Why is the COVID-19 daily health screening app needed?
- Help you get COVID-19 testing quickly if needed
- Help you get medical care quickly if needed
- Provide information to help FGCU prevent and contain the spread of COVID-19 on campus
- Help students, faculty/staff get additional assistance if needed
How to Access the COVID-19 Daily Health Screening App Resources
The COVID-19 daily health screening link will be sent to your FGCU email each day as a convenient reminder. It can also be accessed through these convenient mobile or website options:
MUST READ: What you need to knowToggle More Info
Guidelines for Evaluating Health Risk
Before entering campus or an FGCU facility, use the Veoci Covid Screening App to assess your health status. Should you get tested for COVID-19, report symptoms, become exposed, or test positive for COVID-19, please use the guidelines below:
Use this phrase to determine what you should do:
"I Have ____________"
Asymptomatic testing has concluded at FGCU
Should you wish to be tested for COVID-19 without symptoms during the semester, please contact your local healthcare provider or go to one of the county or state sponsored COVID testing sites indicated below:
COVID-19 Testing | Symptomatic Test Scheduling for Students
testing RUNS through Dec. 4, 2020
Test Location: FGCU Health Services
- Hours: Through Dec. 4
- Mon. - Thurs. 8:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Students: Contact Student Health Services at 239-590-7966 or email@example.com. If you email, please include your full name, UIN, and telephone contact number to schedule your appointment.
Things to Do Before You Arrive for Test:
- Complete daily screening app
- Location (Adjacent Parking Garage 2 and Parking Lot 7)
- Bring Eagle ID or State Issued ID/Driver's License
- Quest link for access to test results
Things to Do When You Arrive
- Wear a mask
- Only those testing allowed in Student Health Services
Information About Test
All information is handled in accordance with HIPAA and FERPA guidelines and laws.
Frequently Asked Questions