Kimbler, Kristopher (PhD)
Back to Profile List
EducationPh.D. Life-span Developmental Psychology, West Virginia University
M.A. Life-span Developmental Psychology, West Virginia University
B.A. Psychology, Marshall University
Research and Teaching InterestsMy research examines social contexts related to functional ability, social cognition, and intergenerational relationships throughout adulthood. I regularly collaborate with students in research, so if you are interested in being involved with my research or if you have an idea about a study you would like to pursue, contact me about being in my directed study.
Courses OfferedDEP 2004 Principles of Development
DEP 4404 Psychology of Adulthood & Aging
PSY 2023 Careers in Psychology
PSY 4048 Senior Seminar in Psychology
PSY 4913 Directed Study
- Kimbler, K. J., DeWees, M. A. *Harris, A. N. (2017). Characteristics of the old and homeless: Identifying distinct service needs. Aging & Mental Health, 21, 190-198. doi: 10.1080/13607863.2015.1088512.
- Kimbler, K. J., & *Ehman, A. (2015). Gerontology and youth focused service learning: The relation between service recipient age and student responses. Gerontology & Geriatrics Education, 36, 384-395. doi:10.1080/02701960.2014.925890.
- Kimbler, K. J. (2015). Age-related attribution biases in errors involving instrumental activities of daily living. Journal of Adult Development, 22, 27-37. doi:10.1007/s10804-014-9198-6.
- Kimbler, K. J. (2013). Everyday problem solving and instrumental activities of daily living: Support for domain specificity. Behavioral Sciences, 3, 170-191. doi:10.3390/bs3010170.
- Kimbler, K. J., Margrett, J., & Johnson, T. (2012). The role of supportive messages and distracting thoughts on everyday problem-solving performance. Experimental Aging Research, 38, 537-558. doi:10.1080/0361073X.2012.726158.
- Kimbler, K. J., & Margrett, J. (2009). Older adults’ verbal behaviors during collaboration on everyday problems: Linking process and outcome. International Journal of Behavioral Development, 33, 531-542. doi:10.1177/0165025409343754.
- Kimbler, K. J., & Margrett, J. (2005). [Review of the book Aging in Good Health: Multidisciplinary Perspectives]. The International Journal of Aging and Human Development, 62, 79-80.