Florida Gulf Coast University Offers Accredited Courses and Degree Programs at a Distance.
The online undergraduate and graduate degree programs schedule courses to allow students to proceed through the programs in a timely manner. Some of the online degree programs available:
All of the courses necessary to complete:
- M.A. in Instructional Design & Ed Tech
- M.A. Educational Leadership, Higher Education Concentration Online*
- M.A. Educational Leadership, P-12 Education Concentration*
- MBA (Masters in Business Administration) Online*
- MBA with a concentration in Data Analytics Online*
- MBA with a concentration in Management/Leadership Online*
- M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction, Elementary Education Concentration Online*
- M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction, Reading Education Concentration Online*
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership*
- M.Ed. in Special Education Online*
- MPA (Master's in Public Administration)
- MS Criminal Justice
- MS in Health Science
- Physical Therapy - Transitional (tDPT)
* FGCU Accelerate program. Courses are offered in consecutive 7-week terms throughout the year.
All of the upper division courses required to complete:
Many online courses are offered that are not part of an online degree program. Use the FGCU Course Search utility to obtain a complete list of courses offered online.
- Go to Course Search
- Select the term and then select Virtual as the Campus
- Indicate any other parameters, such as the College
- Click the Search button at the bottom of the screen
A resource for statewide offerings of distance learning courses and programs
Florida Shines Helpful TipsToggle More Info
Florida is a member of the National Council State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA). Florida Gulf Coast University has been approved by the state of Florida and is an active member in the NC-SARA Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. The reciprocity agreements allow for the open delivery of academic credit-earning activities in participating states, including academic field experiences such as internships or practicums. NC-SARA establishes standards for distance learning for all participating states and institutions.
Current authorized SARA member states include all states except California, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S Virgin Islands. California is not a SARA member state, but currently has no state authorization restrictions for regionally accredited public institutions like Florida Gulf Coast University. Therefore we can offer our distance learning programs to residents of California. As a resident of a non-SARA state, if you have a complaint about the administration of an FGCU distance learning program, contact California’s Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education.
Important information about academic programs that may lead to professional licensure or certification outside the state of Florida can be found on FGCU’s State Authorization page.
Important information about the student complaint process for distance education students from NC-SARA states can be found on FGCU’s State Authorization page.