The Center Provides Programs and Materials That Stimulate Interest and Promote Public Awareness of Local and Global Issues Related to Science, Environment, Engineering and Mathematics.
The Whitaker Center works with all types of students in K-20 STEM education environments to engage them in inquiry, interdisciplinary learning, and research experiences.
Outreach Activities Include
- Public television and radio spots
- Print and web publications
- Public speaking engagements
- Community seminars and workshops
- Support of University clubs and organizations
- Activities for public school children
Current and Past Projects and Grants
On Campus Collaborations
- Symposium of Undergraduate Research and Internships (SURI)
- SunChase: H.S. Solar Go-Kart Challenge
- With the Wild Things (daily radio spot on WGCU with Dr. Jerry Jackson)
- Girls in Engineering, Science, and Math (GEMS)
- STEM Perks
- Summer Research Opportunity (middle school research program)
- Schulze Summer STEM Institute for Teachers
- Sustainable Waters (teachers)
Support the Center
A gift supporting the Whitaker Center is an investment in Florida’s future in STEM Education. Gifts can be tax-deductible and can be made online or through the mail. FGCU accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Designate your donation to the Whitaker Center by choosing “Other” in the donation category and typing in “Whitaker Center” in the subsequent box.
Donation By Mail
Gift by check or money order - please make checks payable to “Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation, Inc.” and write “Whitaker Center” in the memo area to earmark your donation.
Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation, Inc.
10501 FGCU Boulevard, South
Fort Myers, FL 33965-6565
Please contact the Whitaker Center to discuss specific program giving or any questions regarding supporting the Whitaker Center.