Get back on track to a degree
A returning student is any former FGCU degree-seeking undergraduate who has not earned a degree, who has not been enrolled at FGCU in any of the last three terms and who wishes to re-enroll.
How to reapply for admission
- Submit a new FGCU Undergraduate Admission Application by the appropriate application deadline. A new application fee is not required.
- Students in good academic standing who are reapplying to limited-access programs are not guaranteed readmission to that program.
- To be readmitted, a student must be in good standing and eligible to return to the last institution attended (including FGCU), and have a 2.0 GPA as calculated by the university on all transferable credit hours. Former FGCU students not in good standing and wishing to return should refer to the 'Former Student Returning' portion of the Undergraduate Admissions section of the current catalog for information.
- If after leaving FGCU, you attended other colleges or universities, then you must send official transcript(s) from each institution to the Office of Admissions for evaluation purposes. If a final transcript from a previous institution was never submitted for the last term of admission, an official transcript will need to be submitted to the Office of Admission in order to release the transcript hold.
- If you were previously admitted to FGCU as a freshman and never provided a FINAL OFFICIAL high school transcript with date of graduation, please have your high school send one to FGCU.
- Students enrolled in an approved FGCU study abroad program are exempt from this requirement and will be permitted to re-enroll upon their return to FGCU.
- The foreign language requirement must be met. You should submit an official high school or college transcript to demonstrate this requirement has been met.
Submit all documentation to:
Florida Gulf Coast University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
10501 FGCU Blvd. S.
Fort Myers, FL 33965-6565
Eligible for academic amnesty?
A readmitted undergraduate student who has not attended FGCU for at least five years may apply to the Academic Standards Committee for academic amnesty. Specific details on the policy for amnesty, how to apply and the conditions under which amnesty may be granted are published in the University Catalog by the Office of the Registrar.
Important dates to know
|DOMESTIC (U. S.) STUDENTS||INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS|
8/1 – Opens
11/1 – Early Action (Freshman only)
3/1 – Regular Decision (Freshman only)
7/1 – Transfer Deadline
8/1 – Opens
7/1 - Closes
1/2 - Opens
11/1 - Freshman Deadline
12/1 - Transfer Deadline
1/2 - Opens
11/1 - Closes