Palmtag, Matthew (MS)
Back to Profile List
M.S in Marine Science from The University of Texas at Austin Marine Science Institute,
2000 – 2004
B.S. in Biology from Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi, TX, 1995 - 2000
Research and Teaching Interests
As an Instructor at FGCU my responsibilities focus on teaching, service, and the scholarship of teaching and learning. My teaching interests center on Animal Nutrition and Introductory Biology courses for majors (Gen Bio I and II). Additionally, I have a rich history as a researcher in the field of aquaculture, specifically marine ornamental aquaculture and larval fish and shrimp nutrition. My research experience, passion and commitment to teaching and learning, and continuous thirst for knowledge and improvement are what fuel and inform the experiences that I am able to provide my students.
ANS 3440 Animal Nutrition, Annually (fall)
BSC 1010C General Biology I, Annually (fall and spring)
BSC 1011 General Biology II (spring)
- Palmtag, M.P. (2017) Marine ornamental species trade, In R. Calado, I. Olivotto, M.P., & G.J. Holt (Eds.), Marine Ornamental Species Aquaculture (Vol. 1, pp. 3 - 14). Hoboken, NJ: Willey-Blackwell.
- Palmtag, M.R. and Croshaw, D.A. 2013. Unlocking the Secrets of Sex Biased Inheritance Patterns, In: Laboratory Activities for General Biology I. Editors: Cross, R. and Jackson, B. Florida Gulf Coast University. Blue Door Publishing.
- Palmtag, M.R. 2011. Laboratory Activity 6: Brownian motion, Diffusion, Osmosis, and Plasmolysis of Plant Cells, In: Laboratory Activities for General Biology I. Editors: Cross, R. and Jackson, B., Florida Gulf Coast University. Blue Door Publishing.
- Palmtag, M.R. and G.J. Holt. 2007. Experimental studies to improve the larval survival of the fire shrimp (Lysmata debelius) to the juvenile stage. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 38: 102 - 113.
- Palmtag, M.R., C.K. Faulk, and G.J. Holt. 2006. Highly unsaturated fatty acid composition of rotifers (Brachionus plicatilus) and Artemia fed various enrichments. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 37: 126- 131.
- Palmtag, M.R. 2004. Captive rearing and larval nutrition of the fire shrimp (Lysmata debelius). Thesis. The University of Texas at Austin.
- Palmtag, M.R. and G.J. Holt. 2001. Captive rearing of fire shrimp (Lysmata debelius). Texas A&M College Program Research Report. Texas Sea Grant.