Yontz, Timothy (PhD)
Back to Profile List
EducationPh.D. Administration, Curriculum, and Instruction in Music – University of Nebraska, 2001
Master of Music – Butler University, 1990
Bachelor of Music Education – Indiana University, 1984
SpecialtiesInstrumental Music Education, Instrumental Conducting
Research and Teaching InterestsWind Band Instruction, Conducting, Music Education
- Wind Orchestra (MUN 4143)
- Teaching Instrumental Music (MUE 4344)
- Instrumental Literature and Conducting (MUG 3204)
- Introduction to Conducting (MUG 3104)
- Instrumental Chamber Music (MUN 3463)
- Junior Recital (MUS 3953)
- Senior Recital (MUS 4954)
- "How is Your Float, Flick, Dab, and Punch? Using Laban-based Principles of Movement to Improve Nonverbal Conducting"
- "Respect Your Audience"
- "What Does My School Administrator "REALLY" Expect?"
Grants & Awards
- 2016-2017 Senior Service Achievement Award in recognition of sustained service at Wheaton College
- University of Nebraska at Omaha Band Hall of Fame
Backpacking, Camping, Exercise, Pickleball