Accuplacer is a platform that provides an integrated battery of computer-adaptive exams that were engineered for the purpose of assessing students’ skills in reading, writing and mathematics.
The booking fee is $40.
The rescheduling fee is $25.
We recommend arriving at least 30 (thirty) minutes before your appointment time.
Your primary form of acceptable identification is a not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature.
Examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- Driver’s license.
- A valid passport.
- Official state-issued identification card with photo.
- Federal identification card.
- Tribal identification card.
- Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship.
- Military identification card.
Examples of unacceptable forms of identification:
- Expired IDs from list above.
- Identification with signature only.
School identification other than Eagle ID.
- Temporary or paper driver’s license.
- Social Security card.
- Credit card with photo.
- Work identification or badge.
- Gym or club membership.
In order to request your disability-related accommodations you must follow this process:
Register with the Office of Adaptive Services.
- The Office of Adaptive Services will create a Reasonable Accommodation Plan for you; this is dependent upon the documentation submitted.
- Please follow up with the Office of Adaptive Services to ensure that your Accommodation Plan is approved before proceeding.
Register and pay for your testing appointment with the Office of Testing and Assessment Services using Registerblast.
Register for your testing appointment on Registerblast; select the desired date and time of your appointment.
Indicate during registration that you are requesting ADA accommodations for your Accuplacer examination. Provide your full name and contact information.
- Testing and Assessment Services will email you to confirm that you are planning to
take your exam with ADA Testing Accommodations approved by Adaptive Services. We will
then confirm your accommodations with the Office of Adaptive Services.
- Depending on the approved accommodations, you may be asked to contact the Office of Adaptive Services to schedule your testing appointment with them. They will assist you in submitting a Test Schedule Form. Please let the Office of Testing and Assessment if the date and time scheduled by Adaptive Services differs from your Registerblast appointment.
On the day of your test, you must check-in with Testing and Assessment Services.
- Review the Exam Day Requirements before arriving; make sure that you have all required materials with you.
- If you are taking your exam in the Office of Adaptive Services, a staff member will walk you down to their testing rooms.
Accuplacer is an online system that was developed by the College Board and it is capable of producing immediate results, which can be used to support accurate placement. It also offers Diagnostic, Writing and ESL assessments.
The WritePlacer test, otherwise known as the essay exam, is restricted to two hours. If you require more time please let us know. All other Accuplacer exams are multiple option and not timed.
The term Computerized Adaptive Testing or CAT applies to any computer-based test in which the answer to a question determines the difficulty level of the next. Therefore, the final score is determined by the number of questions answered correctly and the difficulty level of questions answered correctly.
Accuplacer Study Materials
The College Board offers information on how to prepare for the Accuplacer test at their Practice and Be Prepared for ACCUPLACER website.
For further information please go to the College Board’s Accuplacer main website.