The Test of Essential Academic Skills, also known as TEAS, is a standardized, multiple choice exam for student applying for a nursing program in the USA. Its purpose is to determine the ability of potential students to adjust to a nursing program.
First, you need to pay for your remote testing appointment.Toggle More Info
Second, you need to email confirmation of payment to obtain your Assessment ID to purchase the TEAS from ATI.Toggle More Info
Third, you need to create an account with ATI Nursing Education.Toggle More Info
Last, you need to take your exam.Toggle More Info
We recommend to set up your testing environment at least fifteen minutes before your appointment time.
An online calculator will be available for specific questions only. Calculators and other electronic devices are not allowed during testing.
You are allowed to use scratch paper and pencils during your test.
In our experience people have used up to four pieces of paper for the exam.
Make sure these items are clearly visible when asked to provide a panoramic view of your surroundings.
However, for those questions in which a calculator is allowed, there will be one provided online.
Students are required to provide an acceptable and not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature, webcam photo, and e-signature verification before beginning an assessment.
Examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- Driver’s license.
- A valid passport.
- Official state-issued identification card with photo.
- Federal identification card.
- Tribal identification card.
- Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship.
- Military identification card.
Examples of unacceptable forms of identification:
- Expired IDs from list above.
- Identification with signature only.
- Temporary or paper driver’s license.
- Social Security card.
- Credit card with photo.
- Work identification or badge.
- Gym or club membership.
A full list of ATI’s technical requirements can be found at atitesting.com/technical-requirements.
- Microphone: any microphone, either internal or external
- Webcam: 320x240 VGA resolution (minimum) internal or external
- Desktop or laptop computer (no iPads, tablets or phones are to be used) with the ability to install
- Proctorio Google Chrome extension which you can get from their webpage
- Latest version of Google Chrome browser
- High-speed internet
In order to request your disability-related accommodations you must follow this process:
Register with the Office of Adaptive Services.
- Visit the Office of Adaptive Services' website to complete a Formal Request for Accommodations; make sure that you include all necessary documentation and forms.
- The Office of Adaptive Services will create a Reasonable Accommodation Plan for you; this is dependent upon the documentation submitted.
- Please follow up with the Office of Adaptive Services to ensure that your Accommodation Plan is approved before proceeding.
Register and pay for your testing appointment with the Office of Testing and Assessment Services using RegisterBlast.
- Register for your testing appointment on RegisterBlast; select the desired date and time of your appointment.
- Indicate during registration that you are requesting ADA accommodations for your TEAS examination. Provide your full name and contact information.
- Testing and Assessment Services will email you to confirm that you are planning to
take your exam with ADA Testing Accommodations approved by Adaptive Services. We will
then confirm your accommodations with the Office of Adaptive Services.
- Depending on the approved accommodations, you may be asked to contact the Office of Adaptive Services to schedule your testing appointment with them. They will assist you in submitting a Test Schedule Form. Please let the Office of Testing and Assessment if the date and time scheduled by Adaptive Services differs from your RegisterBlast appointment.
On the day of your test, you must check-in with Testing and Assessment Services.
- Review the Exam Day Requirements before arriving; make sure that you have all required materials with you.
- If you are taking your exam in the Office of Adaptive Services, a staff member will walk you down to their testing rooms.
The TEAS is created and maintained by Assessment Technologies Institute or ATI Nursing Education.
ATI Client Care's support number is (800) 667-7531.
The ATI TEAS, or Test of Essential Academic Skills, is designed specifically to assess a student's preparedness entering the health science fields.
You will have 209 minutes to answer 170 questions set up in a multiple-choice format with four-option answers, and evaluates your class readiness in the areas of: Reading, Math, Science, and English and Language Usage.
|Areas||Reading||Mathematics||Science||English and Language Usage|
|Number of Questions||53||36||53||28|
|Time Limit (in minutes)||64 min||54 min||63 min||28 min|
|Content Covered||Key ideas and details
Craft and structure
Integration of knowledge & ideas
|Numbers and algebra
Measurement and data
|Human anatomy & physiology
Life and physical sciences
|Conventions of standard English
Knowledge of language
You will be testing remote using Proctorio, a virtual proctor software.
- Your screen will be locked, you will not be able to open other windows.
- If you attempt to exit the locked-down environment the exam will be suspended and will need to be re-authorized to resume testing.
- You will be monitored by webcam, microphone, and screen recording.
Testing and Assessment Services' Appointment Fee is not refundable. There is also a fee due to ATI Nursing Education in addition to your prepaid scheduling/registration fee.
The TEAS is a requirement for admission to the FGCU School of Nursing. The School of Nursing requires completion of the exam prior to BSN supplemental application deadline.