The Test of Essential Academic Skills, also known as TEAS, is a standardized, multiple choice exam for student applying for a nursing program in the USA. Its purpose is to determine the ability of potential students to adjust to a nursing program.
We recommend arriving at least fifteen minutes before your appointment time.
You need to bring an acceptable and not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature, such as:
- Driver’s license
- State-issued photo ID
- Current State or Federal ID Card
- Tribal ID Card
- Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship
In order to receive disability-related accommodations for this exam, FGCU students must register with the Office of Adaptive Services. Upon approval of reasonable accommodations, email us for information on how to proceed in scheduling your exam.
The TEAS is created and maintained by Assessment Technologies Institute or ATI Nursing Education.
- There is a non-refundable fee involved with delivering the examination and made payable at the moment of registration with Testing and Assessment.
- There is a fee due on exam day made payable to ATI Nursing Education. This fee is paid online therefore the only forms of payment acceptable are credit or debit cards. ATI Nursing Education accepts all major credit cards.
- There is a $28.50 rescheduling fee made payable to Testing and Assessment.
- The TEAS is a requirement for admission to the FGCU School of Nursing. The School of Nursing requires completion of the exam prior to BSN supplemental application deadline.
You can reach us via email. We will be more than happy to answer your questions.