Admission Criteria for Application Review
- Completion of a minimum of 4 semesters of high school (student should not have completed sufficient units to qualify for high school graduation, and must apply all credits earned to meeting high school graduation requirements and University criteria for degree completion).
- Be a full time resident of Collier, Charlotte, Glades, Hendry, or Lee county.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability as substantiated by a recommendation from the high school counselor.
- Completed ACE online application and associated forms by the published deadline.
- Approval of parent or guardian.
- Attendance at one (1) Public Information Meeting during the application cycle for which you are applying.
- Approval of the Director of the Accelerated Collegiate Experience and the ACE Admission Review Committee.
- Attain minimum high school GPAs and standardized test scores by the published application deadline:
|GPA (WEIGHTED)||GPA (UNWEIGHTED)||SAT||ACT|
|3.70*||3.00*||1140+ Total Score AND:||23+ Composite Score AND:|
|500+ Evidence-Based Reading & Writing section score||20+ English sub-test score|
|500+ Math section score||20+ Reading sub-test score|
|24+ Math sub-test score||20+ Math sub-test score|
|25+ Writing and Language sub-test score|
|24+ Reading sub-test score|
*Per state statute, homeschool students are exempt from the GPA requirement. Contact the ACE Director if you have additional questions.
How to Apply
The application for the 2020-2021 admission cycle will open on January 6, 2020
Prior to completing the application steps below, a student should first:
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility
- Attend an ACE Public Information Meeting (see dates below on calendar)
Public Information Meetings
Public Information Meetings are open to prospective students and parents. When possible, current and former ACE students are present to provide their perspective. Attendance at one Public Information Meeting is required as part of the application process. RSVP is requested to help us anticipate attendance. Students, please sign-up for the meeting you plan to attend here:
|Wednesday, January 22, 2020||7:00 pm||Edwards Hall, Room 112||Parking Garage #4|
|Monday, January 27, 2020||7:00pm||Edwards Hall, Room 112||Parking Garage #4|
|Tuesday, February 4, 2020||7:00pm||Sugden Resort & Hospitality Building, Room 111||Parking Garage #1|
|Thursday, February 13, 2020||7:00pm||Sugden Resort & Hospitality Building, Room 111||Parking Garage #1|
|Monday, February 24, 2020||7:00pm||Edwards Hall, Room 112||Parking Garage #4|
|Monday, March 9, 2020||7:00pm||Edwards Hall, Room 112||Parking Garage #4|
Please contact Rebecca Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org if you absolutely cannot attend any of the above sessions.
|Classes begin||August 19, 2019|
|Last day for ACE students to add or drop a course||August 23, 2019|
|Labor Day Holiday Observed (No Classes)||September 2, 2019|
|Last day to withdraw from a class with district and ACE Director permission||November 1, 2019|
|Veteran's Day Holiday Observed (No Classes)||November 11, 2019|
|Thanksgiving Holiday Break (No Classes)||November 26-29, 2019|
|Last day of classes||December 9, 2019|
|FINALS BEGIN||December 10, 2019|
|FINALS END||December 14, 2019|
|December 15, 2019 – January 5, 2020|
|2020-2021 ACE Application Opens||January 6, 2020|
|Classes Begin||January 6, 2020|
|Last day for ACE Students to add/drop a course||January 10, 2020|
|Martin Luther King Holiday Observed (No Classes)||January 20, 2020|
|Spring Break (No Classes)||March 2-7, 2020|
|2020-2021 ACE Application Priority Deadline (completed applications received by this date will be reviewed first)||March 15, 2020|
|2020-2021 ACE Application Final Deadline (all applications must be complete by this date for admission consideration)||March 31, 2020|
|2020-2021 Admission Decision Notifications Sent||April 15 - May 1, 2020|
|Last day of Classes||April 27, 2020|
|FINALS BEGIN||April 28, 2020|
|FINALS END||May 2, 2020|
|Summer Break (ACE students are not permitted to take summer courses)||May 3, 2020 - August 16, 2020|
Fall 2020 Applicant Timeline
|Fall 2020 ACE Application Opens||January 6, 2020|
|Fall 2020 Priority Application Deadline (completed applications received by this date will be reviewed first)||March 15, 2020|
|Fall 2020 Final Application Deadline (all applications must be complete by this date for admission consideration)||March 31, 2020|
|Fall 2020 ACE Admission Decision Notifications||April 15 - May 1, 2020|
|Fall 2020 Course Registration for newly admitted students (additional steps must be complete prior to registration)||May 1 - June 15, 2020|
|Required ACE Orientations for newly admitted students||Late July - Early August 2020|
|Classes Begin||August 17, 2020|