Admission Criteria for Application Review
- Completion of a minimum of 4 semesters of high school (student should not have completed sufficient units to qualify for high school graduation, and must apply all credits earned to meeting high school graduation requirements and University criteria for degree completion).
- Be a full time resident of Collier, Charlotte, Glades, Hendry, or Lee county.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability as substantiated by a recommendation from the high school counselor.
- Completed ACE online application and associated forms by the published deadline.
- Approval of parent or guardian.
- Attendance at one (1) Public Information Meeting during the application cycle for which you are applying.
- Approval of the Director of the Accelerated Collegiate Experience and the ACE Admission Review Committee.
- Attain minimum high school GPAs and standardized test scores by the published application deadline:
|GPA (WEIGHTED)||GPA (UNWEIGHTED)||SAT||ACT|
|3.70*||3.00*||1140+ Total Score AND:||23+ Composite Score AND:|
|500+ Evidence-Based Reading & Writing section score||20+ English sub-test score|
|500+ Math section score||20+ Reading sub-test score|
|24+ Math sub-test score||20+ Math sub-test score|
|25+ Writing and Language sub-test score|
|24+ Reading sub-test score|
*Per state statute, homeschool students are exempt from the GPA requirement. Contact the ACE Director if you have additional questions.
How to Apply
The 2022-2023 application is now open. Application closes at 11:59pm March 31, 2022
Prior to completing the application steps below, a student should first:
- Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility
- Attend an ACE Public Information Meeting (see dates below on calendar)
- Note: the last opportunities to take the ACT or SAT for the 2022-2023 application cycle are April 2 (ACT) and March 12 (SAT). We recommend that you test early in case a re-take is needed prior to the application deadline.
Public Information Meetings
Public Information Meetings are open to prospective students and parents. When possible, current and former ACE students are present to provide their perspective. Attendance at one Public Information Meeting is required as part of the application process. RSVP is requested to help us anticipate attendance.
Students, please sign-up for the meeting you plan to attend here:
|March 9, 2022||6:30pm||Marieb Hall - Room 100||Garage 4|
|March 22, 2022||6:30pm||ZOOM - Link will be e-mailed 1 day prior||N/A|
Fall 2022 Applicant Timeline
|Fall 2022 ACE Application Opens||January 3, 2022|
|Fall 2022 Priority Application Deadline (completed applications received by this date will be reviewed first)||March 15, 2022|
|Fall 2022 Final Application Deadline (all applications must be complete by this date for admission consideration)||March 31, 2022 @ 11:59pm|
|Fall 2022 ACE Admission Decision Notifications (sent via e-mail provided on student application) for students with qualifying test scores prior to April 2 ACT date||May 4, 2022 after 2:00pm|
|Fall 2022 ACE Admission Decision Notification for student waiting for April 2 ACT test date scores||Week of May 9|
|Required New Admit Meetings for admitted students (Must attend 1 - Times and sign-up will be provided in admission notification)||May 5, May 6, May 9, May 11, 2022|
|Fall 2022 Course Registration for newly admitted students (additional steps must be complete prior to registration)||May 9 - June 17, 2022|
|Required ACE Orientations for newly admitted students and one parent/guardian||Late July - Early August 2022|
|Classes Begin||Friday, August 19, 2022|