Admission Criteria for Application Review
Effective Fall 2018
- Completion of a minimum of 4 semesters of high school (student should not have completed sufficient units to qualify for high school graduation, and must apply all credits earned to meeting high school graduation requirements and University criteria for degree completion).
- Demonstrated exceptional ability as substantiated by a recommendation from the high school.
- Completed ACE online application and associated forms by the published deadline.
- Approval of parent or guardian.
- Attendance at one (1) Public Information Meeting during the application cycle for which you are applying.
- Approval of the Director of the Accelerated Collegiate Experience and the ACE Admission Review Committee.
- Attain minimum GPA and standardized test scores by the published application deadline:
|GPA (WEIGHTED)||GPA (UNWEIGHTED)||SAT||ACT|
|3.70||3.00||1140+ total score AND:||23+ composite score AND:|
|500+ Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section score||20+ English section score|
|500+ Math section score||20+ Reading section score|
|24+ Math test score||20+ Math section score|
|25+ Writing and Language test score|
|24+ Reading test score|
How to Apply
Prior to completing the application steps below, a student should first:
-Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility
-Attend an ACE Public Information Meeting (see dates below on calendar)
The application for 2019-2020 is now closed.
Information about the 2020-2021 application cycle will be available in September 2019.
Public Information Meetings
Public Information Meetings are open to prospective students and parents. When possible, current and former ACE students are present to provide their perspective. Attendance at one Public Information Meeting is required as part of the application process.
|2020-2021 application cycle Information Meeting dates and times will be posted mid-September 2019.|
|Classes begin||August 19, 2019|
|Last day for ACE students to add or drop a course||August 23, 2019|
|Labor Day Holiday Observed (No Classes)||September 2, 2019|
|Last day to withdraw from a class with district and ACE Director permission||November 1, 2019|
|Veteran's Day Holiday Observed (No Classes)||November 11, 2019|
|Thanksgiving Holiday Break (No Classes)||November 26-29, 2019|
|Last day of classes||December 9, 2019|
|FINALS BEGIN||December 10, 2019|
|FINALS END||December 14, 2019|
|December 15, 2019 – January 5, 2020|
|Classes Begin||January 6, 2020|
|Last day for ACE Students to add/drop a course||January 10, 2020|
|Martin Luther King Holiday Observed (No Classes)||January 20, 2020|
|Spring Break (No Classes)||March 2-7, 2020|
|Last day of Classes||April 27, 2020|
|FINALS BEGIN||April 28, 2020|
|FINALS END||May 2, 2020|
|Summer Break (ACE students are not permitted to take summer courses)||May 3, 2020 - August 16, 2020|
|Fall 2020 ACE Application Open||January 6, 2020|
|Fall 2020 Priority Application Deadline||March 15, 2020|
|Fall 2020 Final Application Deadline||March 31, 2020|
|Fall 2020 ACE Admission Decision Notifications||April 29 - May 15, 2020|
|Classes Begin||August 17, 2020|