Admission Criteria for Application Review
Effective Fall 2018
- Completion of a minimum of 4 semesters of high school (student should not have completed sufficient units to qualify for high school graduation, and must apply all credits earned to meeting high school graduation requirements and University criteria for degree completion).
- Demonstrated exceptional ability as substantiated by a recommendation from the high school.
- Completed ACE online application and associated forms by the published deadline.
- Approval of parent or guardian.
- Approval of the Director of the Accelerated Collegiate Experience and the ACE Admission Review Committee.
- Attain minimum GPA and standardized test scores by the published application deadline:
|GPA (WEIGHTED)||GPA (UNWEIGHTED)||SAT||ACT|
|3.70||3.00||1140+ total score AND:||23+ composite score AND:|
|500+ Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section score||20+ English section score|
|500+ Math section score||20+ Reading section score|
|24+ Math test score||20+ Math section score|
|25+ Writing and Language test score|
|24+ Reading test score|
How to Apply
Prior to completing the application steps below, a student should first:
-Meet with their high school counselor to discuss eligibility
-Attend an ACE Public Information Meeting (see dates below on calendar)
The application for 2019-2020 is now closed.
Information about the 2020-2021 application cycle will be available in September 2019.
Public Information Meetings
Public Information Meetings are open to prospective students and parents. When possible, current and former ACE students are present to provide their perspective. Attendance at one Public Information Meeting is required as part of the application process.
|The final Group Session for 2019-2020 application cycle has concluded. Please contact us at email@example.com to schedule an individual appointment.|
|2020-2021 application cycle Information Session dates and times will be posted mid-September 2019.|
|ACE course registration begins for Spring 2019||October 24, 2018|
|Classes begin||January 7, 2019|
|Last day for ACE students to add or drop a course||January 11, 2019|
|Martin Luther King Holiday Observed||January 21, 2019|
|SPRING BREAK||March 3 – March 9, 2019|
|Last day to withdraw from a class with district permission||March 15, 2019|
|Last day of classes||April 25, 2019|
|FINALS BEGIN||April 27, 2019|
|FINALS END||May 3, 2019|
Summer Break Observed (ACE students are not permitted to take
summer courses at FGCU)
|May 4, 2019 – August 18, 2019|
|Fall 2019 ACE Application Open||January 7, 2019|
|Fall 2019 Priority Application Deadline||March 31, 2019|
|Fall 2019 Final Application Deadline||April 14, 2019|
|Fall 2019 ACE Admission Decision Notifications||April 29 - May 15, 2019|
|Classes Begin||August 19, 2019|