The Office of Graduate Admissions is here to assist as you embark on your journey to your graduate degree – and to our safe, secluded campus in Fort Myers.
Located between the Florida Everglades and the Gulf of Mexico, FGCU enjoys a natural setting that serves as a living laboratory for learning within minutes of Southwest Florida International Airport. The metropolitan centers of Miami and Tampa-St. Petersburg are each just a couple of hours away.
- Master's degree programs offered only online (virtual) and graduate certificate programs do not meet the requirements for international students. Do not apply to these programs.
- International students enrolling under a student visa do not qualify for in-state tuition rates. University and federal regulations require the submission of the Financial Support Statement prior to admission.
- Please refer to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website for information on student visas and employment restrictions while studying in the USA.
- To view the listed cost of tuition and fees, please visit the Office of the Bursar website.
Please follow these steps to complete an application for admission to a graduate program as an international student:
- Submit a completed Graduate Application and pay $30 application fee ONLINE
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. If your bachelor's
degree was earned outside of the United States, you must send official transcripts,
proof of degree, copy of diploma(s), and if applicable, certification of graduation
- All transcripts and proofs of degree must be in English; applicants must submit original language transcripts and a certified English translation
- For all graduate applicants, the university reserves the right to request transcripts evaluated by one of the NACES-approved credential agencies
- Submit official graduate entrance exam (GRE, GMAT or MAT) as required by individual program
- Submit official TOEFL or official IELTS score if bachelor's degree is from a non-English language country
- Submit supplemental materials as required by individual program *
- Submit Financial Statement and Support Letter *
- Submit Visa Clearance Form if currently enrolled at a U.S. institution under a student visa
- Submit copies of any and all immigration documents you currently have (copy of passport, Visa, I-94 form, etc.)
Mail or email all application materials to:
FGCU Graduate Admissions
10501 FGCU Blvd. S.
Fort Myers, FL USA 33965
When all of the above are received by Graduate Admissions, your application will be forwarded to your graduate program coordinator for review. Upon an offer of admission, we will then issue your student visa and mail your USCIS documents to you.
Questions about the application process, should be emailed to Shannon Acosta, Associate Director of Graduate Admissions, Graduate Admissions.
For information about scholarships, medical insurance regulations and US visa/immigration pre-arrival preparations, consult our Office of Global Initiatives and International Services.