FGCU Theatre Scholarships
APPLICATIONS DUE: Monday, March 1, 2021 to email@example.com
About the Award:
- In the amount of up to $2000 annually, payable in two installments (half in the fall, the other half in the spring).
- Scholarship is for undergraduate course work only and is renewable for a maximum of three additional years or for a total of eight semesters.
To Qualify for the Award:
- Students must apply (https://www.fgcu.edu/admissionsandaid/undergraduateadmissions/) to Florida Gulf Coast University with a declared Theatre Major. DEADLINE TO APPLY TO FGCU IS MARCH 1, 2021! (Students who have not yet been accepted to FGCU can submit a scholarship application, but must be accepted into FGCU to receive the award.)
- The theatre scholarship recipient must enroll at FGCU as a full-time student (12 or more credit hours per semester) and for both the fall and spring semesters of the academic year and maintain an overall grade point average of at least 3.0
- The theatre scholarship recipient must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Acting students will be required to upload a 60-second video audition that is self-taped with phone or in-home equipment (continuous shot, without the benefit of editing), and within these guidelines:
- Time limit is 60 seconds for all auditions and can include one single monologue or two contrasting pieces. One of the pieces can be a song.
- Please no slate. Do not state your name or the piece you are performing. Audition material only.
- The clock begins with the first word. Please keep to the specified time limit.
- Please frame your body in the audition video from the knees up.
- Please no commercial clips.
- Upload your audition video to an unlisted YouTube channel and share link with us!
Technical Theatre students should create an online portfolio using PowerPoint, Google Slides, or similar program. The portfolio should consist of a selection of fine art and/or theatre work.
- This can include (but is not limited to) production photographs of a student’s design work, lighting plots, figure drawings, costume designs, 3-D set models, prompt books, etc.
- The portfolio should include a short written introduction that puts your work in context, and each slide should contain a brief description of what is pictured.
- Upload your portfolio as a Google Doc and share link with us!
ALL APPLICANTS should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “YOUR NAME 2021 - FGCU Theatre Scholarship Application” (with your own name replacing “YOUR NAME”). The e-mail should include the link to your audition video along with an attached headshot and resume (for acting students) or link to online portfolio (for technical theatre students). Finalists may be contacted for a call-back and/or interview.