Single-Family Building Permits
Last Updated: May 19th, 2023
- The Southwest Florida coastal counties issued 1,082 single-family building permits in April 2023, a decrease of 34 percent from April 2022 and 13 percent below March 2023.
- Lee County issued 700 permits in April 2023, a decline of 24 percent from the previous year and 6 percent below the prior month.
- In Collier County, 168 permits were issued in April 2023, down 34 percent from April 2022 and 32 percent beneath March 2023.
- Charlotte County recorded 214 permits issued in April 2023, down 53 percent from April 2022 and 15 percent below March 2023.
- Hendry County issued 27 single-family building permits in April 2023, down 60 percent from April 2022 and 4 percent below March 2023.
About the Data
Single-family building permits data represents the number of permits issued in a given month. Permit data in Collier County is provided by the Collier County Growth Management Department, while data for Charlotte and Hendry County comes from Charlotte County Community Development Department and Hendry County Building Department. Data for Lee County is provided by multiple sources (listed below). All data is updated on a monthly basis.
|Fort Myers, FL||Fort Myers Department of Community Development|
|Cape Coral, FL||Cape Coral Development Services Department|
|Bonita Springs, FL||Bonita Springs Community Development Department|
|Fort Myers Beach, FL||Fort Myers Beach Community Development and Building Department|
|Estero, FL||Estero Community Development Department|
|Unincorporated Lee County||Lee County Community Development|