Nurse Practitioner BSN To DNP
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program at Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) is designed to prepare graduates with the advanced nursing knowledge and leadership skills to improve healthcare outcomes and to provide evidence-based nursing across diverse healthcare settings and systems.
The curriculum focuses on providing nurses with the solid science foundation needed to enhance critical reasoning judgment in the management of complex healthcare situations. Core and specialty courses for the DNP provide knowledge, skills and attributes essential for fully accountable practice in today's healthcare environment. Emphasis is on innovative and evidence-based nursing practice to meet the demands associated with the increasing complexity of the healthcare system, improving the safety and quality of patient care delivery, and influencing healthcare policy.
GET DETAILS AND LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BSN TO DNP PROGRAM
- The BSN to DNP Nurse Practitioner concentrations offered are Family Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduates of the BSN to DNP program are eligible to seek national certification as Family Nurse Practitioners.
- Program of Study: The BSN to DNP consists of 81credits that can be completed in full-time
study or part-time study.
- Now accepting Applications for Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner concentration for Fall 2023
BSN to DNP Family Nurse Practitioner Program Receives $2.7M Federal ANEW Grant Learn More
FGCU School of Nursing receives $678,109.00 HRSA grant for the Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) Learn More
Disclosure: Programs Leading to State-Regulated Professional Licensure or Certification
All applicable FGCU academic programs prepare students for licensure in the state of Florida. Requirements for licensure and certification vary by profession and by state. Students should check the licensure requirements for the state they plan to work in before enrollment at FGCU. Please review the FGCU State Authorization webpage https://www.fgcu.edu/stateauthorization/ to determine whether your program meets licensure requirements in your state.
Have Questions? Want To Apply? We Can Help!
- Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration
- Psychiatric Mental Health NP Concentration
AccreditationToggle More Info
Admissions InformationToggle More Info
Program RequirementsToggle More Info
Course DescriptionsToggle More Info
Course ScheduleToggle More Info
Learning OutcomesToggle More Info
Tuition, Fees, and Financial AssistanceToggle More Info