The ITS Helpdesk can assist you getting your computer registered on the network.
You can stop by the FGCU Helpdesk in Ben Hill Griffin-252 from 9 -11 am and 2- 4 pm for in person assistance. We take walk ins on a first come, first serve basis, and can only help a limited amount of people at a time. If you would like to see what walk in traffic is like on a given day, please call ahead and find out.
Tips & Tricks
Wireless printers will not work on the housing network and will cause interference. Please refer to your printer operating manual to turn off the wireless connectivity
DO NOT setup your own wireless router or access point. It will cause interference and weaken Internet performance
For devices without a built in browser (some smart TV’s, gaming devices) visit Game & Console Registration page
To file a request for support, such as your Internet cutting out intermittently, or getting “disconnected”, please follow these steps:
- Fill out the request form as complete as possible. The better the information you provide the faster we can troubleshoot and help you
- You will receive an email back stating that a work order has been opened for you. Please use the work order number that is listed in this automatic email as your reference number
- Plug in your device! If you are using a gaming device, laptop, or desktop – plug your device into the nearest Ethernet port with an Ethernet cable.
- Need a cable? Ethernet cables are available at your front desk. Please note that supplies are limited. You can buy one at many retail locations for a few dollars.
- Wired data ports are not susceptible to outside interference like wireless networks are. Plugged in equipment will get a dedicated connection providing more reliable access to the Internet.