DSST Get College Credit exams are college subject tests that you can take to earn college credit for knowledge you acquired outside of a traditional classroom.
Many confuse DSST with DANTES (Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support), which is a division of the Department of Defense that provides educational support to military members. In 2004, the exams were acquired and are now owned and administered by Prometric. DSST exams were made available to military and civilian examinees just two years after, in 2006.
You must bring a valid credit card to pay for your specific DSST exam once you are seated in the testing room.
We recommend arriving at least fifteen minutes before your appointment time.
You need to bring an acceptable and not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature.
Examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- Driver’s license.
- A valid passport.
- Official state-issued identification card with photo.
- Federal identification card.
- Alien Registration Card (green card, permanent resident, visa).
- Tribal identification card.
- Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship.
- Military identification card. Military candidates must additionally bring their military ID.
Examples of unacceptable forms of identification:
- Expired IDs from list above.
- Identification with signature only.
- Temporary or paper driver’s license.
- Social Security card.
- Credit card with photo.
- Work identification or badge.
- Gym or club membership.
To request a testing accommodation for your exam, please call (800) 967-1139.
Please go to GetCollegeCredit.com/test_takers to view the complete ADA packet.
There are 38 subject exams from which to select in disciplines such as Business, Humanities,
Mathematics, Physical Science and more. You may read more on DSST’s Exam Fact Sheet.
There’s a rescheduling fee of $28.50 that applies if your test has to be postponed.
DSST has available now a Mobile App!
You can reach us via email. We will be more than happy to answer your questions.