Gainesville Independent Testing Service (GITS) provides certification and licensing examination for regulatory agencies, trade organizations, industry, and certification groups.
We recommend arriving at least twenty minutes before your appointment time.
Your primary form of acceptable identification is a not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature.
Your identification needs to be the same one presented to the County (sponsor).
Examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- Driver’s license.
- A valid passport.
- Official state-issued identification card with photo.
- Federal identification card.
- Tribal identification card.
- Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship.
- Military identification card.
Examples of unacceptable forms of identification:
- Expired IDs from list above.
- Identification with signature only.
School identification other than Eagle ID.
- Temporary or paper driver’s license.
- Social Security card.
- Credit card with photo.
- Work identification or badge.
- Gym or club membership.
As a candidate for a Gainesville Independent Testing Service exam you may request disability-related accommodations only during the registration process.
For more information candidates need to contact GITS.
GITS provides test development, test delivery, and candidate registration services, from a Total Quality Management (TQM) approach, designed to meet the needs of their consumers.
As a group with over 100 years in the testing industry, GITS brings the best services available at prices that are affordable to local government agencies and organizations, to assist them in making informed decisions.
Services Provided Include
- Job Analysis
- Item Development
- Test Form Development
- Training and Workshops
- Psychometric Abilities
- Examination Administration
- Content Translation
- Contractor Continuing Education
- Construction Consulting
- Expert Witness Services
- Design Services
You can reach us via email. We will be more than happy to answer your questions.
Registering for a GITS Exam
You must register with GITS and schedule your exam before paying for your testing appointment.
1. Visit the GITS website first to register for a GITS exam.
2. Go to our online store, and you will be able to pay for your testing appointment. If you prefer to pay in person, please arrive at least fifteen (15) minutes before your appointment time.