The grammar exam is required for journalism majors and minors in order to pass MMC 3020: Grammar and progress to all courses for which it is a prerequisite. The student must score 75 percent or higher on the test.
You may book your testing appointment with Testing and Assessment Services to take the Grammar Exam.
There is a fee $30 associated with the delivery of the exam.
Please note there is a rescheduling fee of $25.
We recommend arriving at least fifteen minutes before your appointment time.
Your primary form of acceptable identification is your Eagle ID.
As an option, you may bring an acceptable and not-expired form of government-issued photo identification with signature.
Examples of acceptable forms of identification:
- Driver’s license.
- A valid passport.
- Official state-issued identification card with photo.
- Federal identification card.
- Tribal identification card.
- Naturalization card or Certificate of Citizenship.
- Military identification card.
Examples of unacceptable forms of identification:
- Expired IDs from list above.
- Identification with signature only.
School identification other than Eagle ID.
- Temporary or paper driver’s license.
- Social Security card.
- Credit card with photo.
- Work identification or badge.
- Gym or club membership.
In order to request your disability-related accommodations you must follow this process:
Register with the Office of Adaptive Services.
- Visit the Office of Adaptive Services' website to complete a Formal Request for Accommodations; make sure that you include all necessary documentation and forms.
- The Office of Adaptive Services will create a Reasonable Accommodation Plan for you; this is dependent upon the documentation submitted.
- Please follow up with the Office of Adaptive Services to ensure that your Accommodation Plan is approved before proceeding.
Register and pay for your testing appointment with the Office of Testing and Assessment Services using RegisterBlast.
- Register for your testing appointment on RegisterBlast; select the desired date and time of your appointment.
- Indicate during registration that you are requesting ADA accommodations for your Grammar examination. Provide your full name and contact information.
- Testing and Assessment Services will email you to confirm that you are planning to
take your exam with ADA Testing Accommodations approved by Adaptive Services. We will
then confirm your accommodations with the Office of Adaptive Services.
- Depending on the approved accommodations, you may be asked to contact the Office of Adaptive Services to schedule your testing appointment with them. They will assist you in submitting a Test Schedule Form. Please let the Office of Testing and Assessment if the date and time scheduled by Adaptive Services differs from your RegisterBlast appointment.
On the day of your test, you must check-in with Testing and Assessment Services.
- Review the Exam Day Requirements before arriving; make sure that you have all required materials with you.
- If you are taking your exam in the Office of Adaptive Services, a staff member will walk you down to their testing rooms.
There is a fee of $30 for each attempt of the test. There is also a rescheduling fee; if you schedule a date and time for your exam and you cannot come in to take your test, or desire to change confirmed appointment, you must pay a reschedule fee. A candidate can only take the exam once per testing window.
Your test is given in strict accordance to instructions received from faculty of the Journalism program.
A student may take the exam up to three times during the semester. These attempts are offered during three time windows. The student may take the test only once during each testing window. If a student misses a window, he or she forfeits that attempt.
If a student does not pass the grammar exam with a 75% or higher after three attempts, the highest grade he or she will receive in the course is a “D.”
A passing score on the exam makes up 30 percent of the overall course grade. Homework and attendance make up the rest of the course grade. The test is graded immediately after the student submits the test.