Marine Science Summer Camp
2022 Summer Camp information below. Please feel free to contact Farida Sheikh or Miranda Barrington with any questions.
Hands-on Activities: Campers will spend five days in the classroom, laboratory, and field learning about one of the most diverse and productive ecosystems in the world. Led by our qualified, cheerful, and friendly staff of FGCU graduate students, campers will track hurricanes, restore mangroves, and join the next generation of scientists!
Outdoor Excursions: Daily boat outings and beach trips are a mainstay of this program,
allowing the campers to immerse themselves in nature while
conducting fieldwork. Safety is our number one goal, and life jackets will be required at all times on the water.
Environmental Education: Biology, chemistry, geology, and ecology are just a few facets of marine science that we will explore with the goal of inspiring a passion for the environment and its conservation.
Sessions offered for rising 6th-8th graders and High School Students
Summer 2022 Registration will begin on May 16th.
Spots are limited. First come first serve basis.
- 5 Days in the classroom, lab, and field led by FGCU Graduate Students
- Outdoor Excursions: Daily boat outings and beach trips
- Environmental Education: Biology, Chemistry, Geology, and Ecology
- High School Session I: June 27th-July 1st
- Middle School Session I: July 11th-15th
- Middle School Session II: July 25th- 29th
- Schedule to include from 8:30am-4:00pm learning about different aspect of Estero Bay