The CAS Writing Awards
We write for many reasons. We write for the pleasure of clarifying our thoughts and thinking through our ideas. We also write to share and convey. We text friends, we email family, and we publish discoveries that inform a community of scholars. And, yes, we also write to complete assignments. In every case, we create a permanency that lets others understand our insights and revelations, regardless of whether those expressions speak to the mundane or revolutionary.
Announcing the CAS Writing Awards Call for Submissions
Deadlines: December 15, 2023 (Fall), and February 15, 2024 (Spring).
This is a great way for you to build your writing skills, be recognized for your creative and academic efforts, and build your resumés/CVs with work you have already done.
- Creative Nonfiction,
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Service Learning
- We accept submissions from students in all disciplines
- All documents must be submitted as a Word document (.doc or .xdoc)
- All current FGCU undergraduate and graduate students are eligible.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished. Each submission must be in a separate file (as noted below).
- Please do not put your name on the manuscript or in the file name. Instead, include your name and contact information in the body of your email. Include a brief (three lines max) third-person biography in a separate file.
- Submit up to five pieces per academic year. Submit in multiple categories!