Service to FGCU and the community
The Staff Advisory Council (SAC) Outstanding Staff Award (OSA) was established in 1998 to honor Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) staff who have contributed outstanding and meritorious service to their department, the University and the community.
Each year one Administrative & Professional (A&P) and one Support Personnel (SP) employee will be chosen as awardees. The award is funded by the Gabor Agency, Inc. Additional support, when necessary, is provided by FGCU and SAC.
Any member of the FGCU community may submit a nomination for the Outstanding Staff Awards, including staff (Executive Service, Administrative & Professional (A&P), Support Personnel (SP), and OPS), Faculty (full-time or Adjunct), and students.
- Nominee must be a current Support Personnel (SP) or Administrative & Professional (A&P) staff member employed at FGCU for more than one consecutive year.
- Employees in the Executive Service classification are not eligible for this award.
- Employees in Visiting, Temporary, or Emergency Appointments are not eligible for this award.
- Eligible candidates cannot have received this award within the past five (5) years.
- Nominees must have been employed by the University for a minimum of one year prior to the end of the deadline for nomination. For employees who work less than 12 months, one full year would be equivalent to the academic year or a minimum of 2 semesters.
- Nominees must have satisfactory performance and no disciplinary action during the one year prior to the end of the deadline for nomination.
- Outstanding Staff Award Selection Committee members are ineligible to receive the award. Committee members will be notified of any nomination(s), however, they will not be considered.
- Outstanding Staff Award Selection Committee members are not permitted to submit nominations.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Nominations must be approved by the nominee’s supervisor prior to consideration by the Outstanding Staff Award Selection Committee
Any member of the FGCU community may submit a nomination for the Outstanding Staff Awards, including staff (Executive Service, Administrative & Professional (A&P), Support Personnel (SP), and OPS), Faculty (full-time or Adjunct), and students. To nominate a staff member (A&P or SP), please complete the electronic nomination form by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 4, 2022.
A nominator may nominate only one person per category (one A&P and one SP) each year. Nominators will receive an e-mail response confirming receipt of the nomination, which will include a printable copy of the submission. For more information on the rules and eligibility/nomination requirements, please view the official rules guide.
Congratulations 2021 - 2022 Awardees
Natasha Ziegler (AP) and Patty Krupp (SP)
Past Award Recipients
|YEAR||A&P AWARD||SP AWARD|
|2020/2021||Marissa Ouverson||Susan Lennertz|
|2019/2020||Jeff Garner||Brooke Niarchos|
|2018/2019||Marty Hall||Lana Mallow|
|2017/2018||Nicky Khattapan||Tracie Beck|
|2016/2017||Ashton Hartley||Diane Bova|
|2015/2016||Zachery Holder||Patty Krupp|
|2014/2015||Carol DeLuccia||Kathy McElroy|
|Sally Berg||Vanessa Cournoyer|
|Priya Thomas||Kendra Carboneau|
|2011/2012||Tamera Baughman||Emily Moretta|
|2010/2011||Elspeth McCulloch||C.J. McFarlane|
|2009/2010||Tia Freiburger||Sigrid Davidson|
|2008/2009||Susan Thomas||Robert Green|
|2007/2008||Elaine Hozdik||Kathleen Crawford|
|2006/2007||Susan Evans||Wanda Smith|
|2005/2006||Michele Yovanovich||Lynn O'Hare|
|2004/2005||Deborah Dahlmanns||April Lattanzi|
|2003/2004||Ruth Rodrigues||Sonia Casanova|
|2002/2003||Dave Deiros||Barbara Cornellier|
|2001/2002||Vincent June||John Wilson|
|2000/2001||Rosemary Meza||Jennifer Crabill|
|1999/2000||Rick Shonak||Barbara Gray|
|1998/1999||Mary Banks||Charlie Weaver|