Freshman applicants include: high-school seniors, home school students in their final year, first–time-in-college students (FTIC), high-school graduates with 11 or fewer transferable credit hours completed after graduating from high school and students currently enrolled in high school and earning college credit (dual enrollment). FGCU welcomes all students.
How to apply
Getting started is easy, but works best when you know the requirements and follow the steps in the application process. If you are graduating high school or this will be your first time in college, the information below will help walk you through each step to make it easy, but you have to read carefully and make sure you have your information available when it's time to send them to campus.
Step 1: Application & Fee
Note: Application Deadlines
- To begin the process, you must submit an application and non-refundable $30.00 application fee.
- You may use the Common Application or the FGCU online application.
To submit an ACT or SAT Application Fee Waiver:
1. Complete the entire online admissions application and answer the question regarding qualifying for an application fee waiver.
2. Send the application fee waiver form to Undergraduate Admissions.
3. If you indicate on the Common Application that you qualify for a fee waiver, we will need this form to verify your eligibility.
4. You will have to submit payment if you do not qualify for a fee waiver. The fee must be received to complete your application.
Pay the fee with a major credit card or mail a check made payable to Florida Gulf Coast University to Florida Gulf Coast University, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 10501 FGCU Blvd. S., Fort Myers, FL 33965-6565.
Required High School Units & Freshman Admissions Averages
|FRESHMAN Admissions Averages|
Tips for applying
- Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admissions.
- You must provide evidence of high school graduation or in the process of graduating from high school or completing GED certificate. Applicants with a GED must submit official GED test scores. They must also have at least a SAT total of 1070 or an ACT composite score of 21. The sub-scores of each test must be above the minimum admission requirements.
- Admissions decisions will be released as indicated on the application deadline page.
Information for Parents
As your child embarks on the college selection process, we encourage you to become involved and learn about the academic experiences and opportunities that await your new FGCU Eagle. The admissions section provides details on fees, financial aid/scholarships and steps needed to get started on the right path.
What does my student need to complete the application?Toggle More Info
When are your application deadlines?Toggle More Info
What was the first-year student profile for last year's accepted class?Toggle More Info
How can my student submit high school transcripts?Toggle More Info
My student has a hold decision status. What does that mean?Toggle More Info
How do I set up a visit to see the school or for my student to see the school?Toggle More Info
What is the cost of tuition?Toggle More Info
Do you offer financial aid? Scholarships?Toggle More Info
Is it required to live on campus? How does my student apply for housing?Toggle More Info
Is there support to help my student make a smooth transition from high school to college?Toggle More Info
How does my student sign up for Eagle View Orientation?Toggle More Info
Are students allowed to bring a car their freshman year?Toggle More Info
Are meal plans required?Toggle More Info