Parking Services Hours Notice
Parking Services for in-person assistance will be open Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to noon. Any questions regarding parking can be handled remotely by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 239-590-1912.
Notice to on campus housing residents
All parking decals for on campus housing residents (NLV and SOVI) will be distributed to University housing mailboxes. On campus residential students must apply their parking decal to their vehicle during move in. Apply for your parking decal on Gulfline before August 1st to ensure processing.
- Parking permit or pass must be displayed from the rear-view mirror or on the driver-side dash while parked on campus.
- Obtaining a parking permit authorizes you to park on campus but does not guarantee a parking space or guarantee a parking space in a desired location.
- Student and faculty/staff permits are issued from the Parking Services office in McTarnaghan Hall room 142. Register on Gulfline and print out a permit request form to obtain a permit.
Overview of Regulations
Expiration date is on the bottom of the permit/decal.
- Any motor vehicle on university property must be registered with the university and display a validly issued FGCU parking decal or permit.
- Vehicle must be parked only in lots designated for the permit type.
- No parking on the grass or curbs.
- Reserved and restricted (visitor, volunteer, disabled, state vehicle) spaces are enforced 24/7
- Motorcycles shall be parked only in designated areas of lot 3 and 5. Not authorized to park in spaces designated for automobiles. Motorcycles parking is also available in the marked corners of the parking garages at levels 1 and 2.
- Commuter Students are permitted to park in Lots 6, 7, Parking Garage 1, 2, 3, 4 and the Garage Auxiliary Lot 8.
- Faculty/staff are permitted to park in Lots 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, Parking Garage 1, 2, 3, 4 and the Garage Auxiliary Lot 8.
- Main campus housing residential students are prohibited from parking in all non-housing parking lots and garages between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, during the fall or spring terms.
- Faculty/staff lots are off limits to students from 7am to 6pm Monday through Friday. Reserved and restricted (visitor) spaces are enforced 24/7.
- Vehicles parked in housing lots Monday through Friday from 1am to 10am (non-visiting hours) must have a housing decal displayed.
- Parking garages 2, 3 and 4 will be closed to all vehicles and persons from midnight to 5am daily.
- Visitor: Anyone who is not a member of the campus community. A Visitor Pass is required to park on campus and may be obtained from the Information Booth at the main entrance. Visitors are permitted to park in the designated visitor parking spaces located in Parking Lot 5 in front of McTarnaghan Hall with a visitor pass. If those parking spaces are all taken, visitors may also park in the parking garages and garage auxiliary lot.
Shuttles operate 7am-10:30pm during the fall and spring terms on days classes are in session.
See the routes and exact location of a shuttle in real-time and download APP on Double Map.
DoubleMap is a real-time GPS shuttle bus tracking system. It allows riders to track the exact location of the campus shuttle buses in real time.
- View buses in real time on the map
- View specific routes and associated stops
- View your current location if GPS is enabled
- View current bus system related announcements such as delays and re-routing
North Lake shuttle operates continuously approximately every 15 minutes from McTarnaghan Hall to each laundry room in North Lake Village.
South Village shuttle operates continuously approximately every 15 minutes from the front of Palmetto Hall to McTarnaghan Hall.
By request stop will be made at Music/Arts loop. Return route to south housing includes a stop at the Music/Arts loop and return to Palmetto Hall.
West Lake Village shuttle - will pick-up at the circle in front of the WLV office, at the top and bottom of the hour. The last shuttle leaving WLV with riders will be at 9:00pm. Return trips will be from the Student Plaza, and will leave at :15 and :45 past each hour.
Are visitors required to have a parking permit?Toggle More Info
What about lost or stolen permits?Toggle More Info
What if I sell my permit to a friend?Toggle More Info
Why did I receive a citation when I was only there for a few minutes?Toggle More Info
What if I buy a new vehicle?Toggle More Info
I'm unable to find parking.Toggle More Info
Am I allowed to park in restricted/reserved parking areas?Toggle More Info
Am I allowed to park in the grass?Toggle More Info
When are citations written?Toggle More Info
What will happen if I don't pay my parking citations?Toggle More Info
Payroll reduction for faculty/staff
Complete the enrollment process for payroll reduction through Gulfline. Available only during the fall term for annual permits.
Special event parking information and forms
(FGCU-PR8.002 through FGCU-PR8.006)
General Counsel Regulations