Plan ahead for your big day
Congratulations on your achievements. We look forward to celebrating you at the Fall 2021 Grad Walk taking place Saturday, December 18 at Alico Arena.
Grad Walk Experience
- Stage Walk. Experience a personalized celebration as your name is read aloud on stage while up to six of your family and friends cheer you on from the arena floor.
- Graduates may choose to wear official commencement regalia ordered through the University Bookstore or other professional attire of your selection. Cords can also be ordered through the University Bookstore. Rented regalia can be returned at the FGCU Bookstore between 9 am – 5 pm.
- Graduate Diploma Cover & Photo. In addition to receiving your official FGCU diploma cover, photographers will be onsite to capture your commemorative photo.
- Family & Friends Photo. Additional onsite photo stations in the arena will be set up and available for family and friends to take photos with the graduate following the stage walk.
- Alumni Gift. Before exiting the arena, graduates can stop by the Alumni Association table for a complimentary gift.
Important Reminder: Your registered time slot is inclusive of (1) 15-minute window during your designated college day.
Arrival and Parking
- Plan on arriving no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your registered Grad Walk time slot.
- Graduates and their guests are strongly encouraged to arrive in one vehicle.
- Complimentary parking will be available in the Alico Arena parking lot.
- All guests (graduate + up to six guests) must be present at time of check-in.
- Two check-in tables will be located outside the main entry doors to Alico Arena. You may check in at any table.
- Please have your e-ticket ready to show on your mobile device to ensure a smooth and paperless check-in process. Please note: only 1 ticket is needed for you and your party.
- A reader card will be provided for your completion at check-in. You will hand this to the on-stage attendant once inside the arena.
- Graduates can purchase and pick up an FGCU Graduation Medallion at the Annual Giving table stationed outside the arena. Graduates who have pre-purchased their Graduation Medallions can also pick up them up at the Annual Giving table before going inside the arena.
- Following check-in, you and your guests will then stay together in a physically distanced line to enter the arena for the Grad Walk experience.
Health and Safety Protocols
- FGCU strongly recommends the use of facial coverings for all graduates and visitors. FGCU follows the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which recommends that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear face masks while indoors in areas with “substantial or high transmission” of the COVID-19 virus. Southwest Florida is labeled by the CDC as having a high-level of transmission.
- All graduates and their parties must practice 6-foot physical distancing while in Alico Arena. We will help make this easy with directional floor markings placed throughout the arena.
- No seating will be provided for any guests. Expect to be standing and walking for 15-30 minutes.
- Guests will be required to quickly exit the arena following Grad Walk.
- Food and drink are not allowed.
Should you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.