Transfer Student Orientation
Following the guidance of government and health agencies as well as the direction of the University, Transfer students admitted for spring 2020, will attend a virtual orientation program. We understand that you may still have a lot of questions about this transition to a new university. Be sure to explore the rest of our website and continue to check your Eagle Email to learn more about the orientation and transition process.
Students admitted for the spring 2021 semester will attend a one-day. Eagle View Orientation program in December 2020.
Registration for these programs will open the second week of October 2020.
Please visit our website at that time for further information and dates which will be posted below.
|Day of the week||Session Date||Admit Term(s)|
Orientation for Summer or Fall 2021
Students admitted for the summer or fall 2021 semester will attend a one-day Eagle View Orientation program between April - August 2021. Registration for these programs will open the second week of February 2021. Please visit our website at that time for further information.
How to Register
Registering for Orientation is as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Keep an eye on your email- Admitted students will receive an email with information about next steps, including registering for Orientation.
2. Activate your Eagle Email - This is your official student account that will be used for your FGCU email and more - like registering for Orientation.
3. Enroll in to 2 Factor Authentication (Duo Mobile)- Enrolling in two-factor authentication is mandatory for all students and provides an additional layer of security that guards your personal information in our University systems.
4. Pay your Admissions Deposit in Gulfline - Please note, you must wait 24-48 business hours after you have paid your Admissions Deposit to sign in and register for an Orientation program (STEP 5).
5. Log in to Visual Zen and complete your orientation registration!
Cost of Orientation
All Transfer or One-Day sessions cost a flat rate of $35. This fee will cover the costs of the Orientation experience including program staffing, access to virtual sessions, and our online reservation system titled Visual Zen.
Are you a Returning or FGCU Complete Student?
You have two options for completing Eagle View Orientation.
1. You may register, using the above directions, and complete the orientation program along with other incoming students.
2. You may complete a virtual orientation program at your own pace through the Canvas learning management system. Please request this option by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orientation Check List